whatchathink, splitter valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostnut

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
May be time to replace my replacement splitter valve. Found a cheap one at surplus center. My criteria
1. 3/4" pump inlet
2. 3/4" outlet to tank
3. 1/2" work ports
4. detent to neutral when ram returns <--This has been my biggest b!tch with the last 2 valves (original Didier and old Energy valve). The Didier didn't auto return, the operator had to hold the valve during the return stroke. I believe the Energy valve has issues since it sat around in a dirty environment too long unused.

Now, take a look at this one.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009041319163171&item=9-7724&catname=hydraulic

So, the ports are sized correctly but will the ram return without me holding the valve during the entire stroke and then detent to neutral at the end of the return stroke? Sure hope so, seems like a good price!

The Didier didn't auto return, the operator had to hold the valve during the return stroke.

Hmm... on my Didier, after the split is done, I just tap the lever backwards, take my hand off the lever, and the ram will return 'home' all on it's own, or, I can stop it anywhere along the return path. Going forward into the split I have to hold the lever forward for the entire trip to the wedge.

Shari

My valve return home by itself just fine, but bogged the motor a bit before kicked into neutral. I adjusted it to relieve unecessary force, went right to the border of kick-off...now occassionally i'll have to hold the lever before it "sticks" into retract, need to increase it a tad. Maybe yours was overly adjusted so that it never had enough pressure to keep it in hands-free retract?

Boostnut,

I bought the same valve from SC and it works fine, although the pressure relief was set at about 2000 out of the box.

The valve is the typical hold-to-split / detent return splitter valve. It will automatically stay in the return position until the cylinder fully retracts then will kick back to neutral.

Jay

Latest posts

Back