What's a fair price for a new 346 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the average wage in your neck of the woods?

I bought a new 346xp off Ebay from a dealer in Jacksonville. Had it at my door in two days. Paid $450 (shipped) with 20" bar. Usually has several listed every week or two. One expired with no bids at $439 earlier this week.

I bought a new 346xp off Ebay from a dealer in Jacksonville. Had it at my door in two days. Paid $450 (shipped) with 20" bar. Usually has several listed every week or two. One expired with no bids at $439 earlier this week.

I wonder if he ships to Canada?

What is the name of this dealer and what is his eBay handle?

I ordered mine online from a very reputable dealer and paid $459, free shipping, no tax, and 1 extra free chain. Unfortunately I can not afford dealer cost and NY tax!

illinois or california? :msp_sneaky:

There's a good article on the latest PET magazine on dealership give-aways. Puts things in perspective on what it costs a dealership to give things away that most consumers perceive as little to no value because it was given free. I'm gonna stop giving stuff away:D

That's why I buy my saws on the other side of the border! I got a 372 xp 24" bar for $739 in Illinois
Thats a great deal deevo! :msp_w00t: You would've paid over $100 more for the 346xp here. How do you find your local dealer is with helping you out if and when your saw requires any service, especially within the warranty period?

Thats a great deal deevo! :msp_w00t: You would've paid over $100 more for the 346xp here. How do you find your local dealer is with helping you out if and when your saw requires any service, especially within the warranty period?

Local dealers not bad, all my saws I fix-maintain myself when I can. I have had 0 issues with all my Huskies, only have had to take in my stihls to get fixed up! (carb related) minor issues. Other then that can't complain about much. I buy all my chain from Baileys in the spring and fall. Way over priced at the Husky & Stihl dealerships

I really dont understand the 'I will not pay msrp' mentality. It's a $500 item... Seriously? I'm always open for a price break, but I dont haggle such minor purchases for a 5% break. If you're a pain in the ass when purchasing a saw, the dealer will remember that when you come in for chains, oil or parts.

I understand times are hard, believe me. But for $25, I'd rather be the 'good' customer that gets minor breaks on the smaller items everytime I come in. Just think about it.

Posted on Tapatalk from my Evo Shift

I really dont understand the 'I will not pay msrp' mentality. It's a $500 item... Seriously? I'm always open for a price break, but I dont haggle such minor purchases for a 5% break. If you're a pain in the ass when purchasing a saw, the dealer will remember that when you come in for chains, oil or parts.

I understand times are hard, believe me. But for $25, I'd rather be the 'good' customer that gets minor breaks on the smaller items everytime I come in. Just think about it.

Posted on Tapatalk from my Evo Shift

I don't mind paying the msrp price, but we can get the saws cheaper in the U.S. then here. Funny thing is the Oregon factory is in Guelph, but yet I can get the chain & bars cheaper from Baileys then here in Canada? Also my partner and I have over 25 saws together, and I usually go to the states quite a few times a year, and when I do I get what I need. I am all for supporting my local dealers for some stuff, but the saws are way over priced here! I do support quite a few sponsors on here though, and am glad I can because I have been happy with every purchase so far!

Back