What's on your bench? 05-12-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a Husky compression release and I seriously doubt Brad would pull that kind of a scenario.

With over 200 psi comp ,ive had a couple stihl comp releases fail,so far the husky has held up,they start spiting black goo on the plastic when the valves get weak

On my bench right now: the new/used Echo CS400 getting a cleaning and final tune, Dad's Poulan 1950 getting a new top cover and probably a carb kit, Echo CS300 basket case that I got cheap on Fleabay, and a Poulan weedeater getting a carb kit. Beside the bench are two push mowers being fixed for other people. Hanging on the wall behind the bench on display are a Homelite Super 2 and ST-80 weedeater.

Stuff

At the moment I've got a jred 830 in need of top cover havin trouble findin one at a reasonable price . And my 028super is in for a deep clean after puttin in sum long hours recently

I've got a couple of 101B's getting put together for the GTG. Well at least one will make it. I have a nice clean 125 with a scored piston that's getting a kart engine. The usual custom fitting a parts reminds me of my racing days. Had to drill the hole for the manual rod to actuate the pump. Had to trim the intake manifole as well. Will have to fit up a rear mount. The other 101 was a saw but needs a lot of work. I have all the parts to get them running, just not the time.

At the moment nothing waiting for my 660r that brads got!!!! I didn't order the 261 but won't complain if you send it my way brad! I am excited as hell and that's only looking at the box! (Guess I always get excited looking at box)

181 husky clutch dragging, posted y'day w/pic of spring... looks tired, re: gap beween hooks, was lookin 4 help/opinions here... TIA.

it did look to me that you need a new spring...............;)......................BTW, here's what's on my bench at the moment, just gettin familiar with it..............View attachment 295174

Last edited:
Got this old Poulan waiting its chance to get into some wood. Actually finished it up several weeks ago, and started it, just havn't had the wood to try it in yet. And busy with other stuff.

5200paint030_zps405dd2f4.jpg

5200paint029_zps3bd74802.jpg

5200paint048_zps92a864f8.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

i have an orange and white can looks like one of these ,says stihl on it ,gas can lifts off and storage for chains files etc on lower half ,are these like that ?

The 261 is done and headed out tomorrow morning. The 660R is next on the bench. It's getting the squish band cut and porting.
IMG_0666-M.jpg

I bought these two nice Blitz cans for $25. They have minor surface rust on the inside, so I've got them filled with vinegar(acetic acid).
IMG_0665-M.jpg

Bunch of small stuff on the bench at the moment...

Poulan 2000 & 2300 (Been sitting for ten years or more)

Lastly... Finishing my buddy's MS290 (General Maint). In its 4 years, the chain was never sharpened, bar never flipped, filter never cleaned and covers mever removed for cleaning. :msp_thumbdn:

My bench work is like watching a slug in high gear! I don't even keep them on the bench unless I think something is getting close to happening. I have my MS361 on the bench right now cause Terry L. said my ported cyl. is coming back, ready to go! My MS260 is waiting for an 026 to appear for parts swapping. My MS440 is so far down the line I can't even begin to think about it. As soon as the 361 hot rod is going, my 034 Super will get squished (.020")

Plan and simple I don't have time to rebuild saws now it's racing season; two to three nights a week working on the car then all weekend racing it :cool2:

I spent over 12 hours on the road this past weekend in two different states chasing the dream and spending way to much money do that :laugh:

Actually, this is trx250r180's hybrid. It's here with Randy's permission. I just thought I'd have some fun and see how long it took for you guys to notice. I'll have to say, you were a little slow!:)

I noticed right off. Just wasnt going to say anything to ruin your fishing trip Brad :laugh:. :msp_tongue:

Poulan 445 70.7cc quad port on the bench.

Latest posts

Back