What's on your bench? 05-12-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0664-M.jpg

The 261 is done and headed out tomorrow morning. The 660R is next on the bench. It's getting the squish band cut and porting.
IMG_0666-M.jpg

I bought these two nice Blitz cans for $25. They have minor surface rust on the inside, so I've got them filled with vinegar(acetic acid).
IMG_0665-M.jpg

The same Dayton branded Poulan 245 that was there the last time I responded to one of these threads months ago...:hmm3grin2orange:

Nice score on the cans, I hope they have nozzles with them.

A 372 rebuild for a friend, and a 372xpw for me, a 390 torn apart for rebuild, and more in the waiting.

What are you doing with a Mastermind saw Brad?

Hmm... Since yesterday afternoon.... Replaced fuel lines in half a dozen plastic poulans, put new filters in a couple of them. A couple still need carb kits. Put a new fuel line and filter in my McCulloch SP60. Cleaned up a Craftsman/Roper 3.7 and Homelite 150. Put a new rope and pull handle on the 150. The 150 needs a carb kit and the recoil spring broke. :censored:

About to have two more plastic poulans to replace fuel lines/filters/possible carb kit on for the father in law and wife's grandfather.

A ported and piped wildthing A.K.A "Vile-Thing". It is getting a full inspection after the Halifax Heritage Festival. Amazing how strong these things are, I was not gentle with it, and neither were the 4 others that ran it.

I'll have to say, you were a little slow!:)

BS I saw it right away, I just wanted do see what was going on before I said anything.

So you need some big wood......... to cut.:hmm3grin2orange: Yes I think I found a few more bass wood trees laying down near the ones we cut a few years back, not sure how solid they are, I'll check them out tomorrow. I also have a big Black cherry that needs to be bucked up. So yes I have plenty of wood for you to play with.

Last edited:
Nothing at my house besides a couple chains that need a touch up, At work on the other hand I have 2 blown up saws and 1 gremlin saw The 2 blown up saws are a 460, and a 372 X-Torq. My boss said I can keep the 460 jug, the Gremlin is a MS 210 that has a full carb rebuilt, passages are clean, spark screen is clean, new spark plug, Fresh fuel, good cylinder and compression.... and for some reason it still acts like it has a carb issue??

It does not appear the the NiCi is bad but would vinegar work to possibly clean up the cylinder and see if it is salvageable?? The reason I ask is because I have thoughts of restoring my father's 044 and would like to make him a Hybrid or I thought about making a Hybrid from a blown up 440 if he does not want to go my route.

I've got a husky 272k concrete saw waiting for parts. Can't believe what concrete dust has done to this saw. The intake side of the piston is plum worn away with the dust, the cylinder is just as bad. Where the piston touchs the cylinder on the intake side the chrome is completely worn away. The exhaust side looks almost new. The bearings seem tight and smooth, new seals, 2 new sets of air cleaners for owner, just waiting for 2 ring piston and cylinder. Should be running any day. Can't believe I've ended up working on Huskys, I'm starting to really like em.

Back