What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot me a message on the box but somehow I think shipping might be a killer....:)

The man that chose the color is a bit suspect though....

Working on a Holzfforma 372XT today which is a copy of the Husky 372 X-torq. Why anyone would buy a strarocharged clone is beyond me, but anyway. Customer/friend bought it after me telling him how much I like the standard 372 clones I have. He said he’s only put about a tank of gas through it, and it runs like crap. Told him I would look at it, and he said he didn’t want me to look at it, he wanted me to have it.

Fired it up and right off the bat I noticed it was only revving to about 70%. I noticed that the throttle cable didn’t look like it was routed right, but when I tried to correct it, it popped off inside the handle so now I get to tear into it further.

26FA6D84-F83C-4B71-A7D6-9444372BB45E.jpeg

13570B2F-6213-446E-9CDC-5C9A499D5F3D.jpeg

It easily jumps off the track at the throttle trigger, it might not be necessary to pull it apart all that much.
Perhaps try the throttle lever directly at the carb with your finger when it runs.
It's never a waste of time to dismantle something though - as long as you put it back together again.

I have my 10mm pin 044 apart and deciding on whether i want to put a Meteor jug and piston kit on it and send it. Or look for an OEM piston and rings and clean up the stock jug. There is not aluminum transfer on the cylinder, but the piston has some decent scratches on it. Oooorrrr.... maybe it just needs rings? I'm not sure which route I wanna go. This was my main falling saw from the early 2000's and has seen a lot of combat over the years. It was always cared for and maintained. Its just wore out and need a top end freshen up. I was a tad suprised at the scratches on the piston on the intake side.

Anyways... it's now pretty much a shop queen and only comes out for the "big stuff" around here. But after falling a pretty dang big Douggie last weekend, she was lacking power where she used to not lack power. So it's time to extend the service life on the ol' girl.

Gary

Id be temped to get a 12mm crank and do a 46 top end on it.

If it were mine id use a brake hone wrapped with green Scotch Brite run it in the cylinder for awhile to make sure its good n cleaned out.
Then just toss a Meteor piston in it.

20230108_141850.jpg

My 44 is currently in Phase 3

Phase one was stock logger saw, Phase 2 44/064 screw up and now 44/46 hopefully not a flop.

Its a mix of oem with not oem parts.

Some non-chainsaw related content from me. It looks like at least a couple weeks of crappy weather out here, so I figure it's a good time to grease some bearings on the Beta 300.
IMG_20230108_184355349_HDR.jpg.e575e7b8d2fba645710f64c450fca328.jpg

Id be temped to get a 12mm crank and do a 46 top end on it.

If it were mine id use a brake hone wrapped with green Scotch Brite run it in the cylinder for awhile to make sure its good n cleaned out.
Then just toss a Meteor piston in it.

View attachment 1047291

My 44 is currently in Phase 3

Phase one was stock logger saw, Phase 2 44/064 screw up and now 44/46 hopefully not a flop.

Its a mix of oem with not oem parts.
How often do you ride the couch??

Put a popup in my $50 266.
Letting the locktite set
squish 29 comp was bout 200,,, with lube in the hole.
Will fire it today

Back