What's the best stock chainsaw ever built?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Space....I'll play.....

MS 200t. Best stock saw for its purpose ever built.

Oh and just in case you were wondering...the MS 200t is made by Stihl.

Can not argue there. Most saws - regardless of size - have several different camps of supporters - all for various reasons - some good and some just biased :)

So.. really what is best saw is an impossible question to answer. And in virtually any class or for any use you will find at least three or four or ten answers.

But the 200T really has no competition out there in its class - to do what it is designed for. I think you could safely say that 80% of the climbers in North America have one on their saddle; and those that do not wish they did. Costly little saw.. but until now nobody has managed to dethrone it.

But does that make it the VERY BEST saw? Well not necessarly.. best in class maybe.. but sure hard to beat a 880 when you need it.

Last edited:
This would be hard to beat.

balanced-timber-harvesting-2-lg.jpg

Can not argue there :)

But darn hard to get up a 130 foot tree with it.

I only know modern saws so for my money it is the 200T. But leaf blowers are really where its at. They mean the jobs is done and your are about to get paid, or at the least go home for the day. lol

I only know modern saws so for my money it is the 200T. But leaf blowers are really where its at. They mean the jobs is done and your are about to get paid, or at the least go home for the day. lol

Well I have a BR600.. but have never tried climbing with it.. or tried to take a tree down.

Pretty strong blower though :) But doubt it would take over much bigger than 1/8" tree - so I will keep my 200T as well :)

So guess each one has a job ...

Well I have a BR600.. but have never tried climbing with it.. or tried to take a tree down.

Pretty strong blower though :) But doubt it would take over much bigger than 1/8" tree - so I will keep my 200T as well :)

So guess each one has a job ...
ME TOO!!!!
Especially since I only have a 420C...LOL!!!
:msp_lol::msp_lol::msp_lol::msp_lol::msp_lol:
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
72cc baumr ag or Raiden off ebay are the best at doing what they do!!!!!

falling to bits and being unreliable!

034 was one of my all time favorites, small, light, tough, will run a 25 inch bar in some HARD wood, and go strong for a lot of years if fed good fuel.

Ms660 is becoming my new favorite, I use it in the garden and out in the bush, it will prune the roses just as well as cut some monster logs.

all time best is a bit subjective though and really needs the variables defined a bit better!!! there are a lot of good saws out there good for lots of different applications! some win out in the filtration stakes others win in the horsepower stakes and some win in the overall reliability stakes.

In most classes though Stihl wins out in most or all of the aforementioned. Now that is stirring the pot.:clap::msp_biggrin::msp_w00t:

Which saw would these girls use? :msp_smile:

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=80626208" wmode="transparent" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

For big work, move up to the Stihl MS 650 or 660 if you have the bread, a strong back, and the big trees.
and no fillings in ya teeth, and already have lost feeling in your hands and arms.

you're welcome.

and no fillings in ya teeth, and already have lost feeling in your hands and arms.

you're welcome.

Careful ol randymac is gonna show up and and tell you that running a 30lb vibromonster from the old days will make you man... Don't you tell me bout that sissy 660 fool "in my best mrT accent" :poke:

Latest posts

Back