Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eightweight

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
every time you select it comes up:angry: , I have seen these on other sites and its only a matter of time and frustration that the sites drops off to nothing!!!:angry:

every time you select it comes up:angry: , I have seen these on other sites and its only a matter of time and frustration that the sites drops off to nothing!!!:angry:

I'm getting that on my home pc but not here at work, I thought it was just me. Anyone know how to get rid of it? I tried for a half hour this am and gave up.

Best as I can figure...AS has been "hacked" again. I think the third time in a couple weeks.

Seems to be the same 'crew' doing it...this time I think it started about 3 a.m. this morning.

I'm sure Darin and company are trying to fix it..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I couldn't get on this morning at all,just kept getting the linkbucks trash.
It still comes up now everytime i select something,but now i can press ignore this add and it goes away till i select something else

clean slate

unfortunately, there is no fool proof way to clean a site up after they get compromised other than revert to a snapshot of the entire site taken BEFORE the original compromise. Typically this is done on a lot of sites daily or weekly, etc, the snapshots, and then stored offsite and in a lot of cases airgapped, on a removable disk not connected to the net at all. It means losing posts, etc put up from date of compromise until now..but that is the only way to get all the gremlins out. Wipe it clean, start with a known good previous snapshot.

You can *try* and get a site cleaned, but stuff like this is what happens, it only gets partially cleaned then the bad stuff starts again.

Same issue for me, running a mac here, have to ignore each add every time I click anything.
I don't know how to disable from Safari preferences.

I think Darin and company have got it fixed..!!..??..:bowdown:..:bowdown:

I haven't changed anything and at least for now..am Not getting the 'LinkBucks' crap..:msp_thumbsup:
:cheers:
J2F

I couldn't get on this morning at all, now it seems to work fine....so far. seems like not many are logged on, at least the l&f gang ain't on yet. maybe the fix takes time to work?

Latest posts

Back