Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need javascript for many of my other web stuff so this is what I did in Google Chrome. Go to the upper right hand corner to that icon with three horizontal bars. Click it. Go to "Settings". Click on "advanced settings". In "Privacy" click on "content settings". In the JavaScript section click on "manage exceptions". In that area enter " [*.]arboristsite.com " and choose "block" in the drop down menu to the right of it. This blocks JavaScript on Arboristsite only and that will block the Linkbunks B.S.

We are not talking about java, we are talking about java script

There is an extension for Chrome called "notscript" that can be added.

This initially blocks all scripts but you add them in as you find you need them. It is a click-on affair. It is not something were you have to remember and write in a name.

Blocking Java on chrome seemed to work, but I can't remember my new password, "been changing it often lately" that or it's simply not working, along with the forgot password function. Firefox which I normally use, still gets redirected no matter what.

I've run the noscript for some 8 years and I never even knew anything about linkbucks today until this thread showed up.

I've used Firefox ever since it came out - at least 10 years.

As I mentioned in another thread, a friend of mine is a member of this site. I do not know his member name.

he sent me an email complaining that he could not get on this site.

I took a quick look at the source code and appears to me if your developer just looks for: http://www.dyo.gs/visitScript/42e0081e and removes the script on that line in the web code it will take care of it.

You team probably already knows, just thought I would make the mention.

Good luck.

Notscript works for me. It's a bit of a kludge, but it works. Disabling javascript works as well, though that's not really an option. Setting up javascript block rules in Chrome for linkbucks.com, .gs, and a few others didn't work either.

I'm running the Opera browser, and it has a setting under "tools/preferences/network" called "enable automatic redirection." Unchecking that worked for me without having to disable javascript.

Opera also has the same setting under "tools/preferences/quick preferences/edit site preferences/network" that allows disabling automatic redirection for this site only.

Worked for me. Others browsers should have similar settings.

I'm running the Opera browser, and it has a setting under "tools/preferences/network" called "enable automatic redirection." Unchecking that worked for me without having to disable javascript.

Opera also has the same setting under "tools/preferences/quick preferences/edit site preferences/network" that allows disabling automatic redirection for this site only.

Worked for me. Others browsers should have similar settings.

Note: I had to click the redirection links manually to post.

You can tell me all day long Linkocrap has nothing to do with it but I don't believe it one second. Since we have been having this problem it is always linkocrap page that is comming up in that stupid java redirect. And let us guess how that site is generating it's income=> excactly through sponsors who pay by the amount of traffic comming to the site. So lets hack a community with a lot of people and every redirect makes them an extra wad of cash!
This situation is really pissing me of because I habe problems now just about every day! That includes today!

I'm no technican but I believe it would have been smarter to take the whole system offline for a week and get all the bugs out!

You can tell me all day long Linkocrap has nothing to do with it but I don't believe it one second. Since we have been having this problem it is always linkocrap page that is comming up in that stupid java redirect. And let us guess how that site is generating it's income=> excactly through sponsors who pay by the amount of traffic comming to the site. So lets hack a community with a lot of people and every redirect makes them an extra wad of cash!
This situation is really pissing me of because I habe problems now just about every day! That includes today!

I'm no technican but I believe it would have been smarter to take the whole system offline for a week and get all the bugs out!

They're working on it.

I'm running Noscript out of necessity.
The big thing I'm worried about is the damage to this site its causing, the traffic to this site must be way down.
I've lost the sponsor links, I don't know if everyone has lost them, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of complaints from the sponsors.
Hope Darin and Jennifer can get this site bulletproofed!

Just venting! Nothing personal! And I sure am happy to not be in their skinbecause this must really be, how should I put it, a nuicence.

Use Chrome, go to the settings/advanced settings/privacy/content settings/ and click the "do not allow Java" radio button.

You may need to shut down and re-open your browser.

End of problem.

I'm running Noscript out of necessity.
The big thing I'm worried about is the damage to this site its causing, the traffic to this site must be way down.
I've lost the sponsor links, I don't know if everyone has lost them, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of complaints from the sponsors.
Hope Darin and Jennifer can get this site bulletproofed!

Just go to the main page to find sponsors.

And there is nothing stopping the admins from adding text links as well for sponsors.

End of problem...except you have to use the back button after you post to get back to the main directory, you don't get to see advertiser links and there's no search function. I'm sure the list is not complete, but those are the problems that exist right now. For those members that aren't as stubborn as I am, I doubt they are even visiting the site right now.

End of problem...except you have to use the back button after you post to get back to the main directory, you don't get to see advertiser links and there's no search function. I'm sure the list is not complete, but those are the problems that exist right now. For those members that aren't as stubborn as I am, I doubt they are even visiting the site right now.

and the pictures are not able to load. So with those parameters, alot of things aren't happening......."pics or it didn't happen"

dyo.gs is stihl in the script window and that is what directs us to linkbucks.

I'm sure that every time dyo.gs is removed, it magically reappears from some unknown source embedded in the AS code somewhere?

It is highly likely that the Javascript injection is hidden within a picture, .pdf, or other file? It may not even have anything to do with the other problems the site has had?

It may take the administrators a week or two to find the culprit that injects the bad Javascript code, so be patient with them.

The best thing we, as members, can do is block the bad Javascript in our own computers.

Just go to the main page to find sponsors.

And there is nothing stopping the admins from adding text links as well for sponsors.

Oh, I know how to find the sponsors, nothing like that.;)
I was just thinking that if I were a sponsor paying for my name to be up there, I wouldn't like this situation, but its certainly understandable since this site is getting attacked like this. Maybe some patience on our and the sponsors part is a good idea.

Latest posts

Back