Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh life is good,
sitting with a coffee,able to get on AS without disabling anything or looking for a back way in.
Relaxing, Ahh:msp_biggrin:
Now i can keep absorbing all the knowledge that floats around the interweb and settels at the place we all love to call Arboristsite.
Hopefully it lasts.:rock:
It was a bit of a pain the last week...or so.But who's counting.It's back.
A big thanks to the brains behind keeping the site running.If only it was that easy to fix the US gumint and get it up and running.
Thomas

I use Fire Fox with the No Script add-on and I've never seen Linkbucks (What does it look like and how do you get there?"

I've been on here every day.

I had to jump through a few hoops some days to get here.

It's an automatic re-direct. You hit your arboristsite shortcut or google the path and you'll see AS for a split second then a screen will come up with linkbucks.

It seems like every day whether on a pc, laptop or my iphone when I'd try to get to AS I'd get the linkbucks redirect, and some days I couldn't get on at all.

I really feel for the owners of the site, it's really economic terrorism. No different than if your business was surrounded by hooligans and customers couldn't get to your store.

Ahh life is good,
sitting with a coffee,able to get on AS without disabling anything or looking for a back way in.
Relaxing, Ahh:msp_biggrin:
Now i can keep absorbing all the knowledge that floats around the interweb and settels at the place we all love to call Arboristsite.
Hopefully it lasts.:rock:
It was a bit of a pain the last week...or so.But who's counting.It's back.
A big thanks to the brains behind keeping the site running.If only it was that easy to fix the US gumint and get it up and running.
Thomas

I tried to get my fix via other chainsaw forums, but it was like somebody switched my coffee with watered down decaf. Just not the same!

I was surprised that the site is back up and running. Seems like it was down more than it was up.

Anyways, hope that the bugs have been worked out for good. I had so much extra time on my hands, that I've been plenty busy starting equip. out in my garage, err, umm, I mean shop. :msp_biggrin:

You're an IT guy though aren't you Brad? Us Luddites are really struggling!

Didn't help me much in this case. I've never used a script blocking add on. Disabling Javascript is all that was needed most of the time. The last couple of days you had to come in a back way, as the main links were broken. Anyway, it looks like all is good right now!

My original point was, I don't think you need to worry about getting a virus from these problems. It's a problem on the server, and that's it.

Last edited:
I feel for you guys that use this site to offer a service for us weekend warriors and daily wood cutting companies as your source of income . While its frustrating for me not to get on here I know the A.S tech team will and do everything they can to get it worked out. :msp_thumbup:.

Original Motive?

Didn't help me much in this case. I've never used a script blocking add on. Disabling Javascript is all that was needed most of the time. The last couple of days you had to come in a back way, as the main links were broken. Anyway, it looks like all is good right now!

My original point was, I don't think you need to worry about getting a virus from these problems. It's a problem on the server, and that's it.
Agreed somehwat, but disabling Javascript also cost a lot to the users trying to link to other sites and the search engines. The crooks were likely using that as a mechanism to sharpen their claws for further attacks.

Anyway, I doubt that the war is over yet. What I always worry about is what was the original motive to shipwreck this site? :dizzy:

Last edited:
It's a problem on the server, and that's it.

What a ridiculous statement considering the redirects to other servers...., some to phishing urls on any given day at any given moment if you haven't noticed yet as a software engineer during your day job. Anyone who believes for one second the user info provided to AS during your registration process has not been harvested as a result of the hack and that you haven't probably been exploited by the redirects is just whistlin' past the graveyard, or is just flat out stupid.

Can anyone else blow more sunshine up my ass? Please?

:dizzy:

I just tried to bring up an old thread about a 036 oiler problem and I got "webpage expired". Does that mean that we have lost some of our valuable old threads because of this stuff? If so, are we talking permanently, or is it even related?

Back