Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 044. if i had to get rid of all of them and keep one id hang on to the 044 like stink on ****.
protip.jpg

it does it all. not much heavier then 361

Last edited:
It'd have to be.....

My 288XP - great firewood saw - goes through native hardwood nice and fast, light enough to cart around all day and enough power to push a long bar if need be. It wasn't that long ago I was cutting all my firewood with a 1966 Canadien 270 - twice the weight and half the cutting speed.

2nd best would be the old 380CD I have - you could run a truck over it and all that magnesium wouldn't care, it has awesome compression and just runs and runs and runs and runs...........

:chainsaw::greenchainsaw:

30 years ago mine was 020 076 090. Now all I would need to sort all I do is 026 066. I must say that a Husky unknown mod with early fitted auto inert chain brake saved my face back 1985. Up a tree scarfin cut, Pinch kick Pheew close shave. So I have no issue with Mr Husky just find Mr Andreas Stihl stuff more to like.

My Homie SXLA is my best saw, it's the one I end up using when nothing else wants to run! My favorite saw to run is my Pioneer 650 tho, 103 CC of classic magnesium power!!!

Still my MS460. The 1st Stihl I ever bought. I guess I just picked the right 1 1st. :cheers:

Ive got say that for all around use in my area. My Univent is my best saw. Now after I get my Husky 385xp ported. I will have to re-examinate my choice of the Univent for my best saw. On paper, the Univent has 0.3 hp more then 385xp. The 385xp has alot more torque then the Univent, plus the ability to mount longer bars.

Bit of a toss up really. 026 or 046, but my 026 pro is the one i reach for the most. Its my second 026 so i have an attachment for the saw.

I would have to say my muffler modded 137 just becouse it's light and the 1st 1 in the storage room thats closest to the door within reach

It is a hard question because I like them all, but probably my 285CD.
I agree Romeo that saw is hard to beat. Mine s stock but I can always upgrade to a 2100. When I traded for it it new, it only cost me a $100 and my old husky, and a 2100 would have been several hundred more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back