where do I find reviews that compare chaps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacred_dog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm exhausted from searching the BS online.

isn't there a place ANYWHERE that compares the different brand name chaps and compares them?

jeezus. if not, lets get someone from HERE (unbiased) to do it, ok?

thanks guys.

Tim

I believe there are forty million threads about chaps in the chainsaw forum.
I have green ones. Orange seems to be the popular color. I don't think a study has been done on whether color affects chap performance. I wish they had more of a selection.

I'm afraid to sew lace or sequins on them, but I'd sure like to. :greenchainsaw:

chainsaw Liberace!

you are hilarious. thanks, I'll go hunting for them.

I'm sick of hunting though. ha.

maybe I'll start fresh TOMORROW.

T

Ms slowp you should be wearing FSS firefighting chaps. They are 100% kevlar...the best. I wish I had access to items in the GSA system. If you do order there are several NFES numbers for chaps, both type and quality. Make sure you get the kevlar model.

We bought my Twinkle accessories at the local (54 miles) saw shop. I got green labonville ones. It may have been a fashion faux pas, but they are what I have.

I'd be tripping over 32 inch long ones!

I'm exhausted from searching the BS online.

isn't there a place ANYWHERE that compares the different brand name chaps and compares them?

jeezus. if not, lets get someone from HERE (unbiased) to do it, ok?

thanks guys.

Tim

not sure why you wouldn't just compare them yourself.....
pretty simple. some have this type of pro, others this type. Some this shape, some that shape. Some this fabric, some that. Buy a pair, wear em out, if you liked them, get another, if not, try something else.

Two birds, one stone.
Labonville full wrap also sold by Bailey's.
It is crotch time: 32" to your instep for us 30" crotchees. :confused::confused:

not sure why you wouldn't just compare them yourself.....
pretty simple. some have this type of pro, others this type. Some this shape, some that shape. Some this fabric, some that. Buy a pair, wear em out, if you liked them, get another, if not, try something else.

:agree2:

Latest posts

Back