Where do you get your chains from?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun M

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering where you guys get your chains from, if you have a preference to any brand or what to look at when buying chains?

Stihl RSC from Stihl dealer. They take care of me, and for the money there isnt much benefit to switch to anything else. Have grabbed a few Oregon chains in the past, and like them pretty well too.

I bought a roll and make them when needed for the bars that are. 063. I bought a 20" loop from the stihl dealer for $23 with the 20" stihl bar. I didn't like paying that much for chains but oh well.

looking to get one for my john deere it has 1/4" links and don't know if there are many options for that.

Bailey's or Cutter's Choice. I don't cut with my saws all day every day so I'm probably not as picky as some of the guys on here, but I can't tell much difference between the Stihl chain, Woodland Pro from Bailey's or Laser chain from Cutter's Choice. I think the Stihl is the best cutting chain, just not the best value.

stihl chain costs way more thats the only difrence i can tell between it and lgx. its been so long since i bought a still chain i cant even remember what chain i was cutting with rs rsc or some dohooikey thing ohh maybe rsl klassic who knows

most stihl near me have buy one get one half off once a year i stock up then but its an unusual sale in that they dont advertise it.
you have to ask for it not sure why or if its all stihl dealers like mine.

baileys for me. they are about 1/2 the price of my local dealer.

it seems like anything i order from baileys is $20-25 so adding a few chains with each order makes no difference to shipping one way or the other.

It all depends on what i feel like getting, usually i go to my local husky dealer which i can buy 2 and get the 3rd free. When i go to the stihl dealer i buy 1 and get the second half off

1/2 and 9/16 where I find it (which isn't often). 372 has Stihl on it from the local dealer, all else get Carlton stuff from Bailey's and I love it.

My local stihl dealer...i run stihl RSK exclusively on ALL of my saws...and he always has it in stock for me...so i cant argue...once in a blue moon ill run a couple loops of oregon LGX..but i prefer the RSK by far...:)

I've been going to Bailey's more and more often for anything chainsaw related. They have fair prices and are extremely easy to deal with.

Latest posts

Back