Where's the eBay bargains?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because he ships worldwide, all his customers are across the pond.

:givebeer:

bama said:
The bargains are there, but not as plentiful as they used to be. Lots of patience and sniping software are the tools needed to be successful today. Those with access to craigslist sellers have an extra edge.

:D

because he ships worldwide, all his customers are across the pond.

:givebeer:

Yes, kewords:

Worldwide Delivery via US postal service (Priority mail 6-10 business days), fully insured and trackable on-line

Delivery = DDU (duty / taxes unpaid)

Look at his past sales, the prices are all in British Pounds.

Last edited:
I picked up one saw on Ebay and felt it was a very fair deal. Homey 330 for 125 bucks, w/ reciept that the carb boot was replaced a year ago. I would say the saw hadn't had more than 5-10 tanks of fuel run through it. Even came w/ the original chain...knew it was original b/c the owners manual showed that chain in it, was a little worn so he sent me a new chain as well. Wasn't even any scratches on the bar.
Had my reservations till I opened up the box when it arrived absolutely pristine. Wasn't from a chainsaw dealer reviewed the gentleman's previous transacations and he dealt strictly in artwork, had been his personal saw that he had bought new and cut up two trees from a storm.
Guess I was just lucky...although as far as most arboristsite members maybe not b/c I don't believe the 330 is much of a fan favorite.

I got a basically new, spotlessly clean Husky 372 XP that had been lightly modded by a reputable shop, with a new 24" bar and two chains and a bunch of two stroke oil for $450 plus shipping. The guy shipped it instantly; I had it at my door in two days. It has been an awesome saw for a couple of years now. I was pleased. It was over $100 less than just the powerhead from Bailey's.

You do have to know how to get around on ebay and not let yourself get carried away. Drunken bidding is not recommended.

I just got a deal. I picked up a Husky 55 that is like new with 18" and a 20" bar and a few chains. the piston ring is stuck. I am going to clean up the Cyl verry minor scratch put a new piston ring in. I got the saw for $100 shipped

Jeff

Latest posts

Back