Which boots do you use and why

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Viberg 105Ts

rottenstumpheavyleanerGGLogging8-17.jpg

. I had just got this hollow Silver Poplar down .. the 20" bar of my 353 Husky is inside the hollow stump ....Obviously not winter .....:)

Anybody try the new hoffman composite toe? thinkin these will be my next boots. had carolinas and wolverine loggers before. loved the wolverine loggers fit but they have lost there waterproofing 2years old. I have a a pair of wolverine hunting boots that i have had for over 10years still waterproof and still my favorite pair. lucky boots too. haha. :greenchainsaw:

i got some el cheapo Hi-Tech waterproof hikin boots that i use in the woods till its under 10 degrees. I got a half mind to get me some yak-traks and see how well they work for me.

I had 5 pair of Whites, two Vibram, three corks, my feet sweat, I rotated every day. I got about a year out of them before sending them in for a rebuild.

Wesco caulks...just about done for, split, run over, and falling apart. Viking caulks for the snow and mud...warm and dry but heavy. Danner fire boots for running Cat, comfortable and the easiest to break in that I've ever had.

Anybody tried the Red Dawg caulks from Bailey's?

I don't doubt Vibergs are good boots and will last for years...the question is will I last for years. I think having a pair of boots outlive me would just piss me off. :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't doubt Vibergs are good boots and will last for years...the question is will I last for years. I think having a pair of boots outlive me would just piss me off. :hmm3grin2orange:

. Well , how old are ya any way ???.I,ll be 50 in a few months , I,ll prolly buy several more pair of Vibergs . And I won,t need a new pair of corks another year at least ...............

. Logit ; If your feet ain't happy , you aint happy ... Get some good boots .. My next pair of Viberg corks will be the 45 model ...I don,t know if I will go with spring or block heel .......I have a pair of rubber soled 45 s .They are made from the Water Buffalo leather ...I got them for dirt work , Laborin . I have a pair of lace to the toes I,m going to have rebuilt w/o the steel toes ...........They are cow leather , and tho they are a better boot than Whites , they arn,t as good as the Water buffalo leather boots ....The Viberg block heel corks are along the lines of other Western Canada , and Washington corks , like Currins , High Lines , Buffalos ect . The spring heels are simular to Wesco spring heels ... Execpt years better ...It,s 12 below at my place this morning , so I won,t be wearing leather boots today :laugh::laugh:

. Well , how old are ya any way ???.I,ll be 50 in a few months , I,ll prolly buy several more pair of Vibergs . And I won,t need a new pair of corks another year at least ...............

. Logit ; If your feet ain't happy , you aint happy ... Get some good boots .. My next pair of Viberg corks will be the 45 model ...I don,t know if I will go with spring or block heel .......I have a pair of rubber soled 45 s .They are made from the Water Buffalo leather ...I got them for dirt work , Laborin . I have a pair of lace to the toes I,m going to have rebuilt w/o the steel toes ...........They are cow leather , and tho they are a better boot than Whites , they arn,t as good as the Water buffalo leather boots ....The Viberg block heel corks are along the lines of other Western Canada , and Washington corks , like Currins , High Lines , Buffalos ect . The spring heels are simular to Wesco spring heels ... Execpt years better ...It,s 12 below at my place this morning , so I won,t be wearing leather boots today :laugh::laugh:

LOLOL...I'm 63 1/2. I'm supposed to be semi-retired but the damn phone keeps ringing. I've been trying to retire for the last couple of years but some really great jobs keep popping up...you know how it goes.

I've never had Vibergs but I've worked with guys who wore them and they all had good things to say about the boots. My Wescos are hammered...they've been rebuilt twice and they won't take another rebuilding. Maybe it's time to think about a pair of those Canadian boots.

Don't buy Kuliens unless you plan on going a few more years, more than a few. In fact, thinking about that, I might have to keep on just to get my money's worth out of them.

I'd like to ditch the Vikings for the Kuliens but the snow just won't melt. What little there is. :bang:

Wesco caulks...just about done for, split, run over, and falling apart. Viking caulks for the snow and mud...warm and dry but heavy. Danner fire boots for running Cat, comfortable and the easiest to break in that I've ever had.

Anybody tried the Red Dawg caulks from Bailey's?

A couple pof years ago I tried a pair becasue i was sick of paying for Wescos. As soon as I opened the box and put them on, they were resealed and sent back, i thought they felt like crap and the construction was cheapo. But then a guy I cut with bought a pair last spring, considered them disposable boots, never once oiled them, wore them every day till early winter about about 9 months when he got his new pacs. They held up pretty good. I think they would completely self destruct within 2 months if he kept wearing them. But for the price, I think thats a descent testimonial to them.

Latest posts

Back