Which boots do you use and why

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the ones I wear http://www.jonsered.ca/node246.aspx, probably not as comfortable as yours, but very durable.

I got a pair similar but only use them in the water, I put studs in the soles it took ages to get them in with the tool provided, but they come out easy, I lost a few so far and only wore them twice with the studs.
They do say to only fit them from new but I used mine for a year so had to get some dirt out of the stud holes first, maybe not the best idea:dizzy:

The boot you have over there have REAL studs in, with our mixed terrain they just wouldnt work for me but they do look the biz:cheers:

I have a of red wings steel toed loggers picked them up at second hand store for 15.00 BRAND NEW!!! saved my big toe to boot (pun intended )

Wesco Firestormers. The most comfortable boot I've worn. Only downside is the lack of insulation, but its ok just double up on socks:).

Kuliens...

scan0002.jpg

Awesome boots...Kinda spendy, but they are worth every penny :clap: I am sure Patty will agree.

scan0002.jpg

Awesome boots...Kinda spendy, but they are worth every penny :clap: I am sure Patty will agree.

Yes, but I don't have a nice model and the boots are in my work pickup at work. I got the brown ones just for a change.

Put on Kuliens after clomping around in the "safety" steel toed, heavy protected rubber vikings, and you feel like a ballerina, well, maybe not you guys....:) Kuliens feel like they are part of your feet.

Georgia steel toed loggers gor-tex 200gram thinsulate keep my feet warm and dry good all around boot for the woods or the blacktop

Always been partial to Red Wings, but recently wore second hand Danners from my cousin, now thats comfort! Or maybe its because they are good and worn.

The main safety features of the Kuliens are fit, caulks for traction, and high tops for leg protection. The heels are good for keeping upright on steep ground.

When I first started, I only wore 8" high tops and my shins were black and blue. That extra high leather will really protect your shins from getting hit by walking into stobs, or limbs or whatever brush. I have even walked into a barb wire fence that was hidden in the brush.

No steel toes, no kevlar padding.

I'm on my second pair of Redwing 608's. They suck. The last pair I had I wore a hole thru, as in, my foot came out the bottom, and the new pair, less than a year old, the sole is starting to do the same thing. Its like they dry rot or something. The only reason I have another pair is that they replaced them for free, but I almost had to break bad on them to get them. They were only a year old or so. Seriously had a bad experience with their rep. The guy wouldnt return my calls, emails or nothing. I got lied to by either the store or the rep, finally asked for my old boots back, they said they didn't have them anymore, and that wasn't an option. In the end, I got a new pair, but I promise, it will be my last. It sux too, cause my Dad has wore them for 20+ years with no probs. Wow that was long winded, but here are the boots in question to steer away from. LINK

I used to wear Whites Boots, they are pretty good. Now that I dont do any farming or welding etc...I have been wearing Danners for the past 7-8 years and they are the most comfortable full size boot I've used. I have tried about everything too. Redwings to Army issued boots, Danners are by far the best comfort.

leather boots are redwing loggers one pair with caulks from hoffman's the other pair with vibram soles. winter packs are hoffmans with caulks and lacrosse which i just bought yerterday. rubber boots are vikings with caulks and the red ranger boots from labonville. All are steel toe.

USMC approved Danner warm weather combat boots gotta support an Oregon company bit pricey compared to the other boots we can weafr but love them. Danner gave my last unit free cold weather boots when we went to afghanistan and I've loved them since. But as far as my extra curriculum projects go it's Danner's to just ordered a pair of there boots hopefully they get here soon.

Well I do not wear my Marine Corps combat boots out in the woods. I have gone through Georgia Loggers, lasted about 3 years. I will not purchase Danners again, lasted a little under 5 months. I'm currently wearing some kind of insulated Carolina boots. There were nice up until the left boot met up with a MS 361. So let's see what tax season can bring this broke fella.

i use regular pair of red wings favorite style are the red wing pecos they cost about 150 to 180 but they are tuff and all around great boot when you rub burnt motor oil on them they become 99% water proof too

White's Smokejumper, Viking rubber sole, and Viking golf shoe sole. My Wesco caulks had something spill on them and eat up the leather. I need to send a pair of boots to White's to be rebuilt as caulks.

All the kevlar and steel toes in the world are no good if you can't stand up or fall off the mountain!
Currently......Whites caulks, a pair of Nicks vibrams for flat ground and running equipment and a pair of Wesco climbers.

L; Your right you don,t want corks in your equipment , Nor is it good for walking on the steel tracks of Dozers ,Shovels, Piece of crap feller bunchers Log Trucks ,ect ... But in the winter you would be amazed at how many injuries happen to operators getting on and off equipment .. In Prudhoe Bay there have been fatalities from guys stepping down out of trucks and off equipment , havine their feet go out from under them and their head hitting the step ,track ect. I mean guys died just getting off the equip . they were running or out of the truck they were driving ..... Traction devices are mandatory on the Slope now ... The company I work for has got it down pretty well useing the screws from " Stabilicers " tm . in the heel of boots ... . I put them in my wifes Bunny boots here also .. just a few of the raised screw heads really make a difference .......The fore foot of the boot doesn,t need them but it doesn,t hurt .. They won,t stay in the fore foot of Bunny boots as the rubber is to soft . but if put in the heel they stay pretty good ....
. The Slope preaches 3 points of contact ,on and off equipment ...........Even a few Triconies in eack boot heel is alot better than someone becoming a quadriplegic .....And really , the rubber matts in the cab are not to be compared with someones life .....................Some of you guys may think I,m talkin ----,, check the accident stats ... Getting on and off equipment is way more dangerous than you think .....

Back