Which discontinued saw would you like to see back on the shelf at your local dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a couple-

1. Pro Mac 850- I cut firewood commercially for a couple of years with my dad when I was a younger man-used his PM 850 6-8 hours a day all winter long-good memories there.

2. Stihl 038- lusted after one of those back in the 80's, wanted to buy one but dad was a die-hard McCulloch man from his youth logging in the 50's,and 60's.

Will

So if Dolmar or any other European manufacturer made completely new 115-130cc chainsaw with with good power & weight ratings who here would buy them?

Remember the price tag will be $1400-$1800US PHO.

Steve

If it were bigger than the current offerings (3120 and MS-880) without a rev-limited coil and governed carb, I'd go for one (maybe two.) I currently do my big slabbing with an 090 and a Mac 125 but a bigger saw with the modern features (adjustable auto oiler, inboard clutch, good anti-vib, modern HD air filter) would be extremely welcome.

So if Dolmar or any other European manufacturer made completely new 115-130cc chainsaw with with good power & weight ratings who here would buy them?

Remember the price tag will be $1400-$1800US PHO.

Steve

Not me. Had two 166s and two 088s. Sold them. A 7900 is as big of a saw as I will ever need.

Thats a great feeling. Nothing like 6 cubes and up...Bob

I've had a 660, 390xp, 394xp, and a P62 so I've been bumping 100cc but never crossed it. I know where a nice 084 is but don't really like the way it felt. I would like to run a homelite 750 and a 166 dolmar. I don't need one but would like to have one here if I needed it.

I've had a 660, 390xp, 394xp, and a P62 so I've been bumping 100cc but never crossed it. I know where a nice 084 is but don't really like the way it felt. I would like to run a homelite 750 and a 166 dolmar. I don't need one but would like to have one here if I needed it.

Interesting that you dumped the 394xp an MS660, and kept the 390xp! :)

A 242XP with Air Injection.
262XP, but I think the 560/562 will be a worthy successor.

A 242XP with Air Injection.
262XP, but I think the 560/562 will be a worthy successor.

Yes, I suspect the 262xp soon will be outdated for good by the 560xp, and the MS362 will be as well, for good measure!

I actually have some sympathy for Stihl, as they can't really answer back - their new designs just are outdated at the moment they hit the market, or close to that!

Stihl made the huge mistake of not buying Zenoah (Redmax) when they had the opportunity, but Husky did buy it, and the difference is about to burst out!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back