Which Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
144????
This cought my curiosety.
Please tell more.

The cover seems to fit the 60cc's 66, 162, 262, 266 or something...

Last edited:
Hi Mange,

Long time no speak.

So you think this will fit my saw then?

I've looked up an old IPL and the number fits except that it's missing 2 zeros before the last digit.

Mange said:
144????
This cought my curiosety.
Please tell more.

My typo.

I combined a 140 with a 44 inside my head. So my guess would be either of those saws.

Okay, I can add the the confusion now. The cover on my saw has two fixing points on the side shown on the one in the picture whereas that one only has one.

However, I've just checked through all the 162 IPL's and they are all shown with just the one fixing point like the one on Ebay. So I took the cover off mine and the number inside reads 5016861. Now this leads me on to my next question.... what saw do I have????

A long time back I asked the members on here to ID the saw for me and that was where the 162 came in (has heated handles so I assume 162 SG), but I remember that there was some talk that it had the wrong top cover fitted to it. But the chassis accepts the extra fixing on the front of the top cover so what saw have I got and could I still use this cover with one less fixing point.

I'll find the old thread and link it in here in a mo.

This is it:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=22142

Send me some pix I will have a look on it..

I think the cover will fit if you have a 162/266/66.

I don't think it will fit a 162. A 162 has three screws holding it down, just like it's other family members (61,266, 66, etc). The one in the pic has one screw visible and it appears to use the fastener at the top of the cylinder like a 44 series.

I don't know what that will fit.

Probably from the first 162 with a single bolt air filter.The earlier 162 had top cover with two side bolts and one top.And inside the cover ,there was only one round hole to bring the the heat for the carb.the 340 and 444 has a 3 holes inside for heat.

All the IPLs (1976-1981) for the 162, at Huskys web-site, show the part number for the top cover as 501 52 40-01.
I suspect that 5015241 is a "short form" for that number.

Last edited:
I looked through all the ipl's too and the illustration in every one shows a cover with two fixings at the back, none towards the front. Then I looked at the one on Mike Acres site and that one has the additional fixing on the front like mine??

I'll try to get a couple pictures on tomorrow for a more in depth diagnosis from you all.

formersawrep.

The 44 and 444 has no bolts at all in the sides, and has a very different shape.
The 480 has no nut in the top. It is the old body like the 160/260/380 etc.
Any other 4 series saw I don't know that has been series prodused at this time.
The 40, 42 came after.
There was a 49 prototype, but it has a white cover completely different from this.

I have 2 screws on my 162's, but what is a bit strange on this is the cut's in the front that allow heat to rise. Mine don't.
I have seen this on the 61 I think, but that was a Practica (with white cover).I don't have a 66 so I have only IPL to go from.
Closest I got is the same as Saw troll.

Last edited:
coveredinsap said:
At only $1.53 + $5 shipping with 40 minutes left, one could hardly go wrong giving it a try.

Well then send me $6.50 and I'll send you a small envelope of screws that might work on your saws. or maybe they won't, but what the heck, right?

coveredinsap said:
At only $1.53 + $5 shipping with 40 minutes left, one could hardly go wrong giving it a try.

Yep, forgot and missed it....

Latest posts

Back