Which Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes its and 9 second cycle no problem splitting 4' norway maple or elm ept its worth the extra cash its my 4th splitter i looked at all of them you can split 3 cords by yourself in a day and still climb some trees its fast got free shipping and no tax from baileys it came in 4 days totat was$ 2900.00 tom trees:cheers:

Timely thread, lost my splitter (long story) In any event I've seen lot's of machines I would love to have but $$s get in the way. Hate MTD but they are cost effective. One manufacture that hasn't been tossed around is Northstar. Seems their 30 and 32 ton machines (the 32 is a little out of $$ range) are well build (judging the book by it's cover here) and made in USA (??? on that last point). Any pros and cons.

TT58 -- does that machine come with the operator?

Later,

i looked at them to the welds brake its a box store splitter but if cash is short it wound work that's casey with my splitter and yes she runs it some times good luck tom trees:clap:

I was just looking over the Brave web site. Are the Honda engines that much better than the B&S? Using the 26 ton model as an instance, it's $1895 for a B&S 8 hp while the Honda GX 9 hp is $400 more. If it's a better engine than why does it take an extra pony to do the same job the 8 hp B&S does?

Later,

yes go with the honda gx 9hp my other 3 splitters had 8 hp but man that new 9 hp starts 1 pull and it has the power my other splitters weir 1 yardman 2 lickety 3 pro/split by baileys26 ton but maid by brave i like the iron &oak the best tom trees

I now own a TW-P1 with the 4 way wedge. I can not be happier with it. The machine is great. Even better the guy at the shop was a really great guy, so I am glad my money is staying local. He even had two more for the same deal when I left.

Now all I have to do is get a log lift sometime in the future, but at this point I do not need it. I will however be fabricating a table in the near future.

Thanks for the welcome as well.
Stephen

Congrats! I love my TWP-1

Back