Who climbs in the snow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys should all plow snow , I mean I made enough money in a few scrappy storms to allow me gain weight and just work on machines ! And **** . Ahhhh what the hell do I know I am sure it's much better to hang around a frozen ass tree slip all over like your the new guy at the icecapades and fight with machines to get em and STAY fired then a nice warm truck cab

I plan too. So that means, that if I guy buy a couple plows, that it wont snow for the next couple years. And that is ok with me. We are getting nailed right now, so far, at least 4". I HATE IT.

I plan too. So that means, that if I guy buy a couple plows, that it wont snow for the next couple years. And that is ok with me. We are getting nailed right now, so far, at least 4". I HATE IT.
It's nothing to hide most prices are public knowledge , so I make 100.00 per piece of equipment and I put out four . The other day I logged 12 hours for the initial storm then took a day off and did another 10 cleaning parking area with 2 pieces so it ain't bad . You just gotta be patient

I havent done snow in four years and dont miss it. I might look into getting a few acounts for next winter. I might have to look into a bobcat.

I havent done snow in four years and dont miss it. I might look into getting a few acounts for next winter. I might have to look into a bobcat.
I stuck a spur through my leg , which took a small piece off my ankle bone working on a wet tree , it wasn't career ending by any stretch , but it was 3 months of agony daily , I still have a indent scar and can feel the little notch I took outta the bone , so is it worth it , I guess will leave it like this ...... For me no , the trees will wait

Hoping to get a hydraulic snowblower for the miniskid for next winter.
Either that, or fab some wings / sides for the 48" bucket.
Toughest winter (and most snow) we have had since buying our house back in 1990. Relentless.

I stuck a spur through my leg , which took a small piece off my ankle bone working on a wet tree , it wasn't career ending by any stretch , but it was 3 months of agony daily , I still have a indent scar and can feel the little notch I took outta the bone , so is it worth it , I guess will leave it like this ...... For me no , the trees will wait
Dang! That sounds like it hurt!

Dang! That sounds like it hurt!
It's the thought of forcing it that bothers me the most , I don't do rain , I barely like the summer . Love the fall and I tolerate the spring because I have cabin fever , work wise I can't see forcing a tree when someone god forbid may get hurt . I saw a guy break a hand falling walking on half melted snow that froze and became a hard ice rink , and he was casted for like 6 weeks at this point that's march madness when the real fun work starts coming into season.

However it seems that work it getting better and I think guys have the tree work of they blow it off they may lose it or get so backed up they can't catch up that's just as bad

In this? Yeah we worked today
4aha6y7y.jpg

e8yqebad.jpg

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Back