Who climbs in the snow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never want to feel Scottish wind chill again for as long as I live, I like shorts and sunshine

My climber has gone up in-30 many times over the years, but he didn't like it. Has to be an emergency to get him up at that temperature.

-10 ain't no thing, but once you get towards the -20 side of things, the fingers start to suffer. I tell him that the only time I ever feel sorry for him is when he has to climb at -20 or worse.

Granted, it isn't climbing, but we've all done roofs at-30. Coldest roof I ever did was -39.

We keep getting pounded, every 3-4 days, no melt off, so it is piling up. If we do go out, we gotta spend at least a hour digging out the job. I hate it. People wonder why I leave the area every few years. My hate for the snow is absolute. But love Iowa's culture.......and cost of living........and traffic, or the lack of. BUT, it gets cold and snows....so I cant wait till my youngest graduates, going to try and get out of here again, this time, to the swamp. Think the gulf coast is worth a try. I spent a lot of time with Cajuns in the Marines. All seemed like great people, down to earth and very resourceful. I think I could fit in. I love their food. Ya know those gator hunters make over a 100 G's in that month!

Back