Who climbs in the snow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
inspiring view out the bedroom window...please note umbrella (in the center) for the ducks. Poor ducks...they didn't make it. image.jpg

Thought you said there friends not food ! I guess that changed quick when Fargo landed

They were my friends (my only friends) until their little webbed feet froze and they died one after the other.
The turkeys are way way tougher than ducks. Who knew?

inspiring view out the bedroom window...please note umbrella (in the center) for the ducks. Poor ducks...they didn't make it. View attachment 331549

That's a bummer! Sorry man.

Ducks are cool. I do some work at an "exotic waterfowl sanctuary" here in town (when I'm not getting underbid on the work). They have some pretty rare birds I'm told. Ducks are their biggest thing, I think. Nice place to work, I just wish they were a little more faithful.

How many of you guys spur out removals is driving snow? I made the call the other day to call the troops in but wondering if most of you would just call it a week and start up on Monday.
Had to do it many times, mainly emergencies. Definitely had to bring your A game ( more than the norm ). You all be careful out there.

I wish I could climb and work in the snow.
And I wish I could hunt in the snow storm, light a nice fire during a snow storm, ski during a snow storm and snowmobile in a snow storm. But no, I'm a snow plow driver that hasn't enjoyed a nice snow storm for over 20 years. Got paid but where's the fun?

Here in MN we enjoy the winter work to a certain extent. I sell enough in advance now to ration out the whole winter , so its great to actually have work year 'round! Our cut-off is about 10-15 degrees. Colder than that is counter productive.

I just found out yesterday that I landed a winter trim project for the local township. Gave them a reduced winter rate but all I have to do is trim the row trees with the bucket and the township is doing all the chipping.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1797481_10152194770321147_39806786_n.jpg
Yeah...........so.............uh, I hope this is a joke. I am dead smack in the middle of the pink. Jeff, I wish I could send you all my snow, it would be melted in a couple days and all would be right in the world.

It's nothing to hide most prices are public knowledge , so I make 100.00 per piece of equipment and I put out four . The other day I logged 12 hours for the initial storm then took a day off and did another 10 cleaning parking area with 2 pieces so it ain't bad . You just gotta be patient

That 's pretty good. Gotta call some buddys to see what they are getting around here nowdays. When I did plow, I was getting 65 per truck, 75 for the skid loader and 150 if I had to bring in a wheel loader to stack. Dude charged me 100. I will go after big commercial accounts. I had Dicks Sporting, American, and a huge Sara Lee warehouse. Then my buddy had all the Walmart's, so I would go and help him out. Need to go out and scout, see who does a crappy job and go after those. Think I will volunteer to do the VA clinic. Who ever does it sucks real bad, lost half the parking and most going in are old beat up warriors. Some can barley walk let alone walk on ice.

1797481_10152194770321147_39806786_n.jpg
Yeah...........so.............uh, I hope this is a joke. I am dead smack in the middle of the pink. Jeff, I wish I could send you all my snow, it would be melted in a couple days and all would be right in the world.

The Great Lakes are gonna stop that stuff from hitting us! awesome!

That 's pretty good. Gotta call some buddys to see what they are getting around here nowdays. When I did plow, I was getting 65 per truck, 75 for the skid loader and 150 if I had to bring in a wheel loader to stack. Dude charged me 100. I will go after big commercial accounts. I had Dicks Sporting, American, and a huge Sara Lee warehouse. Then my buddy had all the Walmart's, so I would go and help him out. Need to go out and scout, see who does a crappy job and go after those. Think I will volunteer to do the VA clinic. Who ever does it sucks real bad, lost half the parking and most going in are old beat up warriors. Some can barley walk let alone walk on ice.
I sub dude I am gonna mess with all that crazy **** and hoops , I make a bit less but it's well worth it. ! If I added another truck on maybe next year that would put at about 500 and hour ! My buddy has 6 tri axles at 240.00 an hour guy makes almost 1800.00 and then charges 100.00 an hour to have flasher cars lead and follow the pack , pays his drivers 35.00 there tickled and he makes over 200 an hour per truck
avuje4eh.jpg
that's how you make bank with snow ! Awesome pic just gotta be careful no one does this and costs ya 85,000 and the cost of bridge repair
e2enupaj.jpg
that was the 14"er we got a few week back , he ran that lat aground quite nicely

I cut most winters and enjoy it once I get going but, this winter has been miserable the temp was -15 when I got up this morning. It has been a cold winter for here and has put a slow down on my winter work, way to skechy when you can't feel your hands and feet feel like wooden pegs.

Puttin' a stop to the madness today! I have been cuttin' in a blizard all last week and this monday which aint to bad but tomorrow is supposed to be -7 with some good wind. **** that!

I'm in Oz now but I met -7f and under in Scotland, that was a daytime high with sun and no wind, in the lee of the hills it was worse than that, just evil. The roads weren't properly gritted or ploughed so ended up with compacted snow. Being Scots they still drove the same so you'd see tyre tracks veering into fields all over with mounds of snow at the end, had a few dodgy ash next to a new house to do for a last minute planning application in almost two feet of snow, they just wanted them down so dropped the lot in bits, at least spikes go through ice! :)

Latest posts

Back