Who do most of guys use for arborist supply

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Who s got the best deals I have bought most of my stuff through Baileys and Wesspur but i was not sure if you guy knew any body that was better .I as far as Sherill they have a great catalog and great website but they seem to be about 10% more than Wesspur.

some stuff (VERY LITTLE, due to insanely high pricing) is bought locally, most of my gear is bought online from the states. Pretty sad when i can get gear cheaper from the States, even with duties and exchange to CDN $$ than i can from the local arb store here in Canada...

examples:

- Arborplex 1/2" x 120' USD $64 from Baileys, VS $165 CDN from local store.
- Bashlin X saddle USD $220 - $245, VS CDN $545 from local store
- Petzl Fixe pulley USD$18 - 22, VS CDN $55 from local store
- Zing it throwline 150' USD $15 - 20, VS CDN $55 from local store

sorry to the local arborist supply stores, but i'm not filthy rich or do i have a dumptruck full of money everytime i need a new rope or whatever......seriously, for the price of 150' of 1/2" arborplex from the local store, i can get an entire 600' spool of the same rope for the same price, with shipping and duties included, from the States.

Baileys has my vote, FAST shipping, great customer service and great prices and specials.

:rockn:

EDIT: when it comes to chainsaw service and parts, i support my local Husky dealer. hands down.

I used to go to Serrill motly sometimes Baileys. My Boss opened a Stihl shop earlier in the sprng and it is also an Arborist supply shop.

dont forget price matching!

i have called sherrill several times when i have found identical items for lower prices on other websites than sherrill. they have always honored their price-match guarantee. example: i found a maasdam cable or 1/2" rope puller (come-along) for just over $40 online, where sherrills price is over 70$???
we ended up buying two nearly for the price of one. don't be shy, their operators are willing and ready to price match, so use it.
for the stuff they don't have, bailey's can't be beat.

we mostly use the local ace hardware which has a good selection of arborist supply. Last week I bought a new climbing belt, lanyard, and 150' arbor-plex.

Weaver 4D extra wideback saddle....164.95
150' Arborplex..............................89.95
Steel core flipline..........................64.95
Ascender for flipline.......................62.99
Petzl screw lock biner....................19.99

I didn't think it was too bad, since I got a discount off those prices. I just can't remember cause thats what the receipt says. It would have been $430 and I paid less than $400

thanks for the info

I will have to Sherill price guarantee . Has anyone emailed them about a better instead of calling them .I might try that .

ace hardwear ????

That is really different Ace hard wear selling arborist supply .I don t have any ace hardware around here probably thanks to wal mart

yeah our hardware has a pretty good selection and we do a lot of business with them. My boss is also a diehard husky fan and they are the only husky dealer around. Our company has been doing business with them for 15 or 20 years at least.

I have to order all my gear from overseas as we have NOTHING here in Bermuda (other than sailboat rope which I use to make my own lanyards)
I was shopping online last week looking for new Silky blades and a flipline, check this out SRT...

Fresco - Silky Zubat $63
Canadian Arb Supplies - $50 US

Fresco - Silky Zubat blades -$38
Canadian AS - same -$32 US

Fliplines (wire core) are within .50c of each other - I'll be shopping Canadian this time.
It pays to shop around!!! I went on Sherrills site and saw that price guarantee, but their site was taking so long to load I gave up.

osb_mail said:
Who s got the best deals I have bought most of my stuff through Baileys and Wesspur but i was not sure if you guy knew any body that was better .I as far as Sherill they have a great catalog and great website but they seem to be about 10% more than Wesspur.
labonnville had a clearance on whoopies and slings one year that was cheap, wesspur always picks up the phone plus they know their S*&t shelter out of mass, baileys, some small guys ya meet at the local shows peak for crane slings, gloves glasses, midwest arborist , american arborist, pa wesspur i think is your best bet for quality cuz you can tell them what your doing with the gear, uh cuz they know

I have found the best service at Midwest Arborist Supply online at www.treecaresupplies.com. Their prices seem to be the same as the lowest at other places too. Their selection is a little limited, but they also have some of the more unique things that are hard to find at others.

Other than that: Sherrill (or local Vermeer dealer - who has a small inventory) and Bailey's. I have also gotten a few things through Ben Meadows and Forestry Suppliers, but less "arborist" equipment, and more general stuff like soil probe, d-tape, etc...

Karl Kuemmerling will have the best deals! But as for them being up to date in the 21 century thats a different story. But great deals non the less.

Dan

woodchux said:
wesspur, sherrills, baileys, cutters choice, ben meadows, northeastern arborists, karl kumlingers
to add to this as well
American Arborist Supply, Fresco, Blue Ridge Arbist Supply, Treeworker UK, New Tribe, Palm Frex for gloves.

I use Sherrill's Danny gets me what I need fast, I only live 1.5hr away from Greensboro so I usually get my order the next day. That is very good for me and they have a very good selection. I ordered a pair of boots from Bailey's in Tennesse got good service from those guys too..

JTinaTree said:
I use Sherrill's Danny gets me what I need fast, I only live 1.5hr away from Greensboro so I usually get my order the next day. That is very good for me and they have a very good selection. I ordered a pair of boots from Bailey's in Tennesse got good service from those guys too..

I use that same Sherril's, I'm under an hour away and just drive over to the Vermeer store.

Back