Who is the biggest manufacturer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should have been taken care of under warrenty. That is the first time I have heard of that problem also....

Brush to keep the fins clean on a 10 hour saw? Don't ya'll have shop air? Take the cover off and blow it out.

Yup, the 5100 would be the better saw but finding a Dolmar dealer could pose a problem.

We would go through a lot of Stihl clutches, it was just something that went out on them. They have very good machines but we did see a lot with those issues.

I am speaking about the "average joe" you know, the guy that cant afford a real saw so they buy a 290. Most of those guys do not have an air compressor at home to do this.

The cylinder fins was obviously another story because we both know that would have no effect on the clutch getting too hot and blowing apart.

We would go through a lot of Stihl clutches, it was just something that went out on them. They have very good machines but we did see a lot with those issues.

I am speaking about the "average joe" you know, the guy that cant afford a real saw so they buy a 290. Most of those guys do not have an air compressor at home to do this.

The cylinder fins was obviously another story because we both know that would have no effect on the clutch getting too hot and blowing apart.

I have seen weak springs before but will take your word on the shoes. :agree2: with the rest, you just can't fix stupid, no matter the brand.

Another thing, Husky never made a POS saw at their own factory, but Stihl does it all the time.....

:yourock:

The Stihl plant is like a scrap yard where you have to seek for some lonely 441s , 361s and 660s between all the 170, 180, 210, 230, 250, 270, 280, 290, 310, 390 ...

Back