Who loves 50cc saws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Who here really cuts wood to heat with that is mostly over 20"?...
Sectioning rounds that are too heavy to lift onto the splitter is a PITA and not so efficient IMO. Much prefer 6-18" dbh for firewood. Also, a 50cc saw is useful for thinning white pine stands on our property.

I have cut endless firewood and trees at work and bushes in the dirt with my stock 359 plenty f power ,I recently got a 450 from a pawn shop that plastic saw turns 12800 eats hell out wood with 18 bar and full chisel oregon chain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I heated my house for years with a 2150 Jonsered with a 16 inch bar, and a 3.0 Craftsman with an 18 inch bar. I found this site when I picked up some big old Homelite that needed work. That's when I started buying saws. Bigger saws!

Time goes on and I see the Jonsered Tag it and bag it sale. I go in for a 2153, and mistakingly bought a 2152 for a really great price. About 3 months later I find a deal on some Huskys from a down on his luck tree guy. ( CRACK ) With this group of saws was a 346 with about 3 tanks run through it. Since then I have parted with all my 55 to 65cc saw except for one. They were so obsolete for my needs. And my back and hands thank me.

Since then I'm accumulating smaller saws and can honestly say my firewood pile doesn't know the difference.

My favorite saw is my 346xp OE, it does have the 50cc NE P&C. Just like the looks of the oe better, no primer and all Orange. Just bought a 550xp but haven't fueled it yet. Still looking for another 346xp OE.
I agree with you. This is actually a NE. After installing the 357XP intake tract, I installed the old style cylinder cover without provisions for the purge bulb. I also installed a 353 clutch cover.

0106151733a-L.jpg

0106151732-L.jpg

I have never used a 346,don't see them around here[emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used think I wouldn't like a small saw till I got my 2152, converted it to a 2153, installed the 359 carb,intake,air filter and then I got my 2159 now I cut 75% of my wood with those 2 saws! I have a ported 2186 & 288 so it's not like I don't have 2 good big saws to use either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back