Who loves 50cc saws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me likey that Poulan 3400....I want one! I just recently aquired my first vintage greenie saw and I must say they are quality and would be right up there in their day. It would be cool if Poulan were making saws with the same intentions as they used too. I bet that 3400 would be a good firewood saw even today.

The only two 50s a 254xpg or 2051 these were the saws that made a 50cc ish saw

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yep love 50cc saws. I have a feeling for them. You can cut some big wood with a small saw with proper technique. A 50cc saw has made me more money than any other saw I own. Some people overate their saws. A 70cc saw for this an 80cc saw for that. In reality a 50cc saw is all that is mostly needed in my case. All that is needed is a sharp chain. Some people think they need bigger saws. In my opinion it is for their lack of sharpening skills just ram it. I remember going with my dad in the late 70/early80s. He cut with a mcculloch 10-10. He cut some huge oak trees. It would make individuals on here cringe what he cut. Imagine that it wasnt ported

Me likey that Poulan 3400....I want one! I just recently aquired my first vintage greenie saw and I must say they are quality and would be right up there in their day. It would be cool if Poulan were making saws with the same intentions as they used too. I bet that 3400 would be a good firewood saw even today.
From the 70s' into the 90s' Poulan was as good if not better than the other top brands.

I used a 3400 for over 20 years and it never let me down. Fantastic saw!

From the 70s' into the 90s' Poulan was as good if not better than the other top brands.

It is a great firewood saw still today. The 3000 with a muff mod rips too for a 49cc saw, it really surprised me!

It is amazing how nieve some buyers are. Some buy poulan wildthings or woodsharks thinking they are a great firewood saw. Seems like cheapness superseeds quality. They sell them cheap saws probaly 10 fold over a quality saw and make out. Many people chince out but dont know quality if the seen it.

I bet they were! and there is good reason many are still in service cutting wood today....that says a lot in itself. I would probably bought Poulan saws compared to brands like stihl in those days however I do have a soft spot for them ol Partners too. How cool does a 655 boost port look layed back with them dawgs sticking out!! dribble, dribble dribble!:yes:

50 cc saws are pretty much all i use.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back