Who loves 50cc saws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I guess my 359 is a 50cc class saw but I consider it more of a 60cc saw. But it has plenty of power for me. Although I still favor my 346xp to cut with all day.
359 is a 60cc class saw & a dang good one!

I run a couple 357xps' and put them in the 60cc class. Hell, they are faster than most 60cc saws. :)

Less then 20, and I will not cut it. Wood is heavy, and the larger it is, the easier it is to Roll it into my trailer to haul home. The large pieces, I never have to lift.
Where I live most of the firewood is left over tops from clear cuts and some standing dead, so just easier to use what is available. Plus I dnt like lifting those heavy pieces around to stack, and my furnace wnt take anyth bigger then 14" to 16" wide, maybe if I had an outdoor furnace. But I would go gasification 1st. But if bigger works for others that's great .

922503a6c63c582505cec79dcc405dd1.jpg
I have used my 50 cc the most lately for fire wood

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wish I had a picture of the 6' Doug fir my family got a few years ago for firewood. However it kinda high grades the 50cc thread and bumps it up a few cc's for that project. So the other guy isn't the only one that does his yearly firewood in one tree lol

All I can say is my whole family heats with wood and only 2 of us have 70cc saws and booth of them set on the shelf more often then not. Why carry more weight then you have to? Who here really cuts wood to heat with that is mostly over 20"? The way I see it is if I can get 8 to 10" stuff, better for me, no splitting required. Just my 2 cents but my 346xp and 359 have always been plenty of saw. I prob sell my like new 372xp (cut 1 tree) or trade it for another 346xp.

My fire box will accept up to 36" wood, so.....me

It ain't been brought up yet. I wish I could post pics of my 2001 Poulan Pro 330 but it was the Rancher Killer in it's day. I embarrassed severely several Husky owners with this saw. After 13 yrs of use I had to finally slightly alter the muffler to keep busting Ranchers with the Original 22" and full 3\8 complement Chain. It runs like a bat out of hell with a cheap tsc 20" set up though. In my opion the most reliable saw I've ever purchased. Cut so many cord I can't count. And most of it nose buried in Hickory in those challenges. And still goes to a unbogged full throttle in 3 pulls cold start.

Back