Who makes the "crappiest" chainsaws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These days the junk saws are any from the big box stores without Echo or Husky on the box.

Just like the signature says.
All makers make good saws and all makers make some junk!

Just from the few saws I have crossed paths with in my short time working on all brands this holds true imo.

Last edited:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that LOOKS at saws at Wally World. I sure aint buying one though.

Really don't know why I look but I do most every time. Mama calls it the "Oh pretty" look. :hmm3grin2orange:

It is either go look at the crappy saws or hang out in the womans clothing section with my wife. But then I can learn new things like "the wood shark wasn't the lowest form of saw after all".

Chevrolet makes the best American Cars and trucks around anymore. Fords are slow turtles, Mopar cant run more than 50,000 miles without losing a valvetrain. I Own a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 Vortec, and I love stomping the fords and mopars on the highway.

Chevrolet makes the best American Cars and trucks around anymore. Fords are slow turtles, Mopar cant run more than 50,000 miles without losing a valvetrain. I Own a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 Vortec, and I love stomping the fords and mopars on the highway.
Have you ever thought of being a fertilizer salesman?

2 of the crappiest

According to this thread I am the proud owner of 2 of the "crappiest" . My Craftman is an abomination to saws everywhere . Prime bulb and plastic everything . When I first bought it the coil lead had been left to rub on the flywheel and faulted to ground in about 2hrs . We all start somewhere . The Poulan on the other hand is of solid construction and appears to be well worth maintaining and rebuilding if required . One is a bic lighter and the other is a zippo . Just bought the Poulan at a yard sale and will now open it up to see "what it's made of " . Fortunately I also own a Stihl 006w which is an amazing saw and quality built through and through .

You passin' out the hip waders???

Ive got a Dodge Ram that I bought in 1996, its a 97 model.
It has over 130000 miles on it, and I have never put a dime into it other than maintenance.
That being said, I drive it on logging trails when I go hunting, over plowed fields, have hauled trailers through the mountains, and gone back and forth across the country with it.

I have overloaded it SO many times, I dont like to even think about it.

So I think that whole truck loyalty thing is mostly B.S., I'd be happy to own a F250 too. No truck manufacturer is gonna make garbage and stay in the game too long.

Well I have drove a few diferent trucks of the years. The first was a 6.2 GMC diesel. Loved the motor hated the trans(700R4). Then a early 305 EFI chevy, super dog there.Then I got into the ford phase. Yeap 300 straight 6 with 4 spd OD manual. Great truck hauled alot of iron with it. With 12,000 farm plates I did have it over loaded a time or too. LOL yeap thats a about 8,000 in the box alone truck rolled in about 4,500. Then there was a dodge Dakota with the 318 1998 model yr. Nice truck 14mpgs not matter how you drove it, 3 sets of plugs in a yr. Now I drive a IH 7.3. Well not right now. Its awaiting the trans to be reinstalled. Its sets under the hood of a 1992 F250. Weak link there is E4OD, Motor is a little modified.
Trucks and saws are alike yeah never know what you will get till you try it.
Bob

Crap, I get passed by everything on the highway. If I wanted to race I would have got a Mustang GT. To say that you beat other vehicles in a race with your truck is stupid. Did the drivers you "beat" know they were racing?

Crap, I get passed by everything on the highway. If I wanted to race I would have got a Mustang GT. To say that you beat other vehicles in a race with your truck is stupid. Did the drivers you "beat" know they were racing?

Especially if a GM truck. Left stock they are geared for about 85 MPH flat out.

68 Javelin took delivery 03 May 68, sold in 80 with over 190,000. Timing gear let go about 175,000, repaired.
73 Gremlin took delivery sometime after May 73, sold in 85 with about 189,000. Normal maintenance.
80 IH Traveler Diesel. Sold in 85 to many fuel related problems.
85 Subaru traded for 93 Dakota. My daughter blew up original engine with over 150,000. Original engine spent time in Germany. Without catalytic converter capable of 105 MPH, with cat (States side) 85 mph.
89 Caravan in excess of 161,000. Normal maintenance. Looking for good home.
93 Dakota (Mine) in excess of 178,000. Normal maintenance.
03 Honda (Hers) no idea.
All of the above vehicles have a manual transmission.
It's how they are maintained!!!
Chainsaws TOO!!! The Pioneer still operates if I can start it.

Last edited:

I gots em both:laugh: . I wish the 5.3 would keep up with my 5.8.:hmm3grin2orange:
Especiall since the Chevy only has 10,000 miles and the ford has 200k. My buddy's new Tritan will eat em both up. And if you get a Dodge, you dont get a hemi, you get a Cummins.

As much as I think Chevrolet does make outstanding trucks, my Hemi Ram and Durango have never been stomped by anything with a 5.3 Vortec in it, it's the other way around! :)

Back