Who makes the "crappiest" chainsaws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He really didnt spend too much, I think he said under $10-$12k for everything including the car. It is still a Honda 4 cyl., still a daily driver, just adds tires for the track.
He built the engine and he is a very good at tuning ALL types of cars.

BTW - he runs these times at an elevation of 4500'

Here is a run he made last year before he went into the nines http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

How much boost? I don't know anyone who rides the streets with race gas everyday.........118 here is $9.00 a gallon.

He really didnt spend too much, I think he said under $10-$12k for everything including the car. It is still a Honda 4 cyl., still a daily driver, just adds tires for the track.
He built the engine and he is a very good at tuning ALL types of cars.

BTW - he runs these times at an elevation of 4500'

Here is a run he made last year before he went into the nines http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Right, he built the motor himself. Probably spent $8k on parts. Imagine how much it would cost if he had to pay someone to build the motor? My point is that I could take $8k and dump it into a Mustang GT and probably blow the doors off that Civic. And I still need to the mod list for that Civic.

He doesnt really drive it daily but I guess he could. He used to anyway.
Not sure his current boost I am gonna say mid 30's he said he was playing with some new setup and is trying to get around 45lbs.

Right, he built the motor himself. Probably spent $8k on parts. Imagine how much it would cost if he had to pay someone to build the motor? My point is that I could take $8k and dump it into a Mustang GT and probably blow the doors off that Civic. And I still need to the mod list for that Civic.

Everyone has that same gay ass excuse (sorry for my french) but I know many guys in this area with Mustangs and whatever else that cant beat him that have spent just as much.

Really the argument is as stupid as the Stihl and Husky debate. He took a car that was not ment for drag racing and made a nice, fast car out of it. For you to try and bash him is idiotic!

If you are so sure on how to build your Mustang then do it and we can set up a race. Until then it is just a stupid arguement that wont go anywhere.

Most of the domestic guys in the state go to him because he knows his stuff. If someone needs dyno time here and needs a tuner then his name is always brought up, doesnt matter if its a Viper, Corvette, Mustang or a crappy civic.

He doesnt really drive it daily but I guess he could. He used to anyway.
Not sure his current boost I am gonna say mid 30's he said he was playing with some new setup and is trying to get around 45lbs.

At 3 bar hes gonna need Pankl rods and a whole lotta luck...

Kinda hard to get his exact setup from this video but here you go. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2705369430803496157

For someone to build a setup like his and have it reliable is very impressive! I dont care if you hate import racing, it still takes some skill to do it.

I hate 1/4 mile racing anyway, its the most boring racing that is out there. I dont see why anyone likes it.

Kinda hard to get his exact setup from this video but here you go. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2705369430803496157

For someone to build a setup like his and have it reliable is very impressive! I dont care if you hate import racing, it still takes some skill to do it.

I hate 1/4 mile racing anyway, its the most boring racing that is out there. I dont see why anyone likes it.

I saw the national speed record set (337+mph in the 1/4 mile)...hardly boring...:rock:

I can't argue with that! I'm a hardcore Chevy guy(LS1 Camaro) and just love to see those little turbo cars race. Went to the 1/4 a few weekends ago and saw a super fast(high 8's) Syclone. Man that turbo was so loud, good lord. ECMs are hard to get right, so many parameters to fine tune. Nice to have friends that know that stuff. All in all fast cars/trucks are cool. Hard to beat the sound of a h piped/blowmaster 302 or a open magnaflow LS1.:bowdown: :bowdown:

I can't argue with that! I'm a hardcore Chevy guy(LS1 Camaro) and just love to see those little turbo cars race. Went to the 1/4 a few weekends ago and saw a super fast(high 8's) Syclone. Man that turbo was so loud, good lord. ECMs are hard to get right, so many parameters to fine tune. Nice to have friends that know that stuff. All in all fast cars/trucks are cool. Hard to beat the sound of a h piped/blowmaster 302 or a open magnaflow LS1.:bowdown: :bowdown:

They are fun to hear some of those turbos but I like the muscle cars better too.

I have a lot more fun stealing this bucket on the w/e's though!

197794683_cd05256f9c.jpg

Everyone has that same gay ass excuse (sorry for my french) but I know many guys in this area with Mustangs and whatever else that cant beat him that have spent just as much.

Really the argument is as stupid as the Stihl and Husky debate. He took a car that was not ment for drag racing and made a nice, fast car out of it. For you to try and bash him is idiotic!

If you are so sure on how to build your Mustang then do it and we can set up a race. Until then it is just a stupid arguement that wont go anywhere.

Most of the domestic guys in the state go to him because he knows his stuff. If someone needs dyno time here and needs a tuner then his name is always brought up, doesnt matter if its a Viper, Corvette, Mustang or a crappy civic.

I'm not going to get into whether it's stupid or not anymore. Let me just ask this: How much $$$ did Courtney Green put into his Civic to make it as fast as a stock Mustang GT or Camaro? Also let us remember that Courtney Green is a pro engine builder and for some else to duplicate the effort would cost far more money. I have nothing against Honda, and have one myself. If I want a performance car though, I'll get one instead of trying to make my family sedan into something it wasn't designed to be.

I'm not going to get into whether it's stupid or not anymore. Let me just ask this: How much $$$ did Courtney Green put into his Civic to make it as fast as a stock Mustang GT or Camaro? Also let us remember that Courtney Green is a pro engine builder and for some else to duplicate the effort would cost far more money. I have nothing against Honda, and have one myself. If I want a performance car though, I'll get one instead of trying to make my family sedan into something it wasn't designed to be.

Actually rob... his rebuttle to the arguement is exactly how all the little import pukes blab on and on too... They claim that their little turbos and such is the replacement for displacement... HA! There is no (and never will be) a replacement for displacement.

Makin' a 1,300 pound car go down the quarter mile in 10 seconds is not impressive...:buttkick:

Makin' a 3,800 pound car go down the quarter mile in 10 seconds is... well, no other way to put is... BAD A$$!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Gary

I must say I like the rumble and roar of a V8 as well!

According to this thread I am the proud owner of 2 of the "crappiest" . My Craftman is an abomination to saws everywhere. Prime bulb and plastic everything . When I first bought it the coil lead had been left to rub on the flywheel and faulted to ground in about 2hrs . We all start somewhere . The Poulan on the other hand is of solid construction and appears to be well worth maintaining and rebuilding if required . One is a bic lighter and the other is a zippo . Just bought the Poulan at a yard sale and will now open it up to see "what it's made of " . Fortunately I also own a Stihl 006w which is an amazing saw and quality built through and through .

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaa! (try scarin' yourself with one of their old electric ones, 3xGAH!)

:D :D :D Man I must be in a great mood, that was frikken funny M8!

:cheers:

Ooooooh, the sickly snot-yellow Poulon micro mystery saw I worked on this spring sure fits the bill for a POS tuxedo, someone mentioned anti-vibe so soft you can't control it? Yup, that'd be one of the broken springs, I manufactured a new one (cut down a door spring, much better lol), once I got it running it did scream though, louder than the 266xp here, it came with a (oooooo-ahhhhhh) 10" bar, yikes! To my knowlege the neighbour has yet to run it, should last a good long time that way :greenchainsaw:

Actually Cort has kit that he has sold for $3800 for Integras that will have them hit 12.2 1/4 mile times. Not too bad. Yes someone can buy a Mustang and make it faster, but not everyone likes Mustangs. Just like the Stihl and Husky debate. Cort has also had Mustangs and Camaros of his own, he likes the challenge of it so I feel it deserves respect. One thing to remember is getting a car to run in the 10 sec. or 9 sec. or 8 sec. class is harder than you think.

As I said before, I dont like the 1/4 racing, I dont really like the Civics other than they get great gas mileage and have very few problems.

Actually rob... his rebuttle to the arguement is exactly how all the little import pukes blab on and on too... They claim that their little turbos and such is the replacement for displacement... HA! There is no (and never will be) a replacement for displacement.

Makin' a 1,300 pound car go down the quarter mile in 10 seconds is not impressive...:buttkick:

Makin' a 3,800 pound car go down the quarter mile in 10 seconds is... well, no other way to put is... BAD A$$!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Gary

You arent serious are you? The cars do need turbos and such to compete, that means it is a replacement for displacement. Try 2300 pound car not 1300.

To get that kinda power from a 1.8L engine is impressive, I dont see why you dont think it is. I guess when your a southern boy ya dont like any changes though huh?

Try reading some of my posts before you start calling me some "import puke", you may learn something.

Import cars like Civics are quite impressive, if we leave out that annoying high pitched slaughter eared ruckus that comes from their tailpipes. Of course, v-8 blipping is just as obnoxious!

Import cars like Civics are quite impressive, if we leave out that annoying high pitched slaughter eared ruckus that comes from their tailpipes. Of course, v-8 blipping is just as obnoxious!

Agreed!! The little 4 bangers are the worst IMO. Unless it built they make my ears ring! yuck

Agreed!! The little 4 bangers are the worst IMO. Unless it built they make my ears ring! yuck
Agree with Space and you, and wtf is with those chromed stupid megaphone tail-pipes anyway? Not only annoying, but laughable, I don't give a hoot if it goes 140mph+, if it sounds like a piece of hopped up tin then no thanks mate.
Ever hear a nice 4-banger? Try a listen on a Spitfire or MGB or Morgan with twin SU's (or Webber's) etc. etc., ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........
Btw, have an old 2001 Moto-Trend mag kickin' around here (bathroom??) with an article on 700hp+ 4's, now where the heck are my earplugs lol.
really missing my old 400 smallblock Chev Blazer, sigh, wasn't that fast but didn't sound like an hour at the dentist's office :)

:cheers: (like really on topic eh!) *shrug*

Back