Who said Stihl chain was the only expensive chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay confirms that Stihl Chain is the most expensive!

US $ Link

GB £ Link

Euro Link

Edit: They must have just figured out their mistake and made a little edit of their own!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Bailey's prices:

3/8 50 ga round chisel pre-spun loops = 20¢/DL
25' roll (410DL) 18.2¢/DL,
50' roll (820DL) 15.2¢/DL,
100' roll (1640DL) 13.4¢/DL

You save about $100 on a big roll over buying loops which just pays for the breaker/spinner. You don't actually start saving money till the second roll. I don't use enough chain to warrant it. I just buy loops when I need them and don't complain about 20¢/DL.

Ian

I buy most of my chains at Baileys. Great prices, they have exactly what you want and they usually ship within 24hours. Good shipping rates too. Whats not to like?? I usually only purchase Stihl chain at county fairs where they make loops to order at dogg cheap prices. Buy 5 or 10 loops at a whack. I still have several boxes of 3/8 .050 RS chain kicking around from some years ago. Aggressive stuff!

Yeah, I've seen some real winners. $28 for a 16" Oregon loop, $30 for Stihl but he'd have to make the loop. When I said "Wow, that's 50 cents a link", he reassured me it was "worth it".

Then I thought I had a deal on a big batch of Husky chain, all 3/8-50, turns out it was all safety chain and the price had gone up in the interim.

Mark

Latest posts

Back