Who still has their 1st saw?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is my first saw...It is a ECHO, yes I said ECHO 400EVL...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I FOUND it when I was in grade school when riding the bus...I didn't feel well one morning on the way to school and was just watching out the window and saw it in the ditch...My grandma drove the bus, so I told her and she looked at me like I was silly, :dizzy: but she told my grandpa so he went for a ride...Needless to say he found it in the ditch and reported it to the police and nobody claimed, it so it started my CAD...Amazing how these things can absorb you...

yep...its a busted up craftsman 2.0. The clutch went on it. It still ran last time I messed with it, but I would rather buy propane than go back to cutting wood with it.

yep...its a busted up craftsman 2.0. The clutch went on it. It still ran last time I messed with it, but I would rather buy propane than go back to cutting wood with it.

The only reason I got this one out was b/c I needed to steal parts from it for a GOOD friends saw...His/mine needed a clutch drum, bar and chain and it was there for the taking, so we took it...I thru the bar and chain off of the one he had for a keep sake to hang in the garage...It has no spark and the parts saws I have bought in the past were in better shape than the one in the picture so I have left them whole...

I still have the very first saw that I ever owned,

and that MS390 still runs better than the day I bought it. Don't know how many cord its cut.....must be over 100.....not all of it was firewood......

Last edited:
I still have my first saw, it's a Partner S65. Its beat all to hell, but I cut a lot of wood with it 28 years ago.

lil' hommie

I've got a lil' hommie that I bought for elk camp...

damn thing cut as good off as on.... POS.... I think we cut enough wood for 2 nights of fire, and that was all we could do...

then it started to rain, and we never did get a fire going... even after 10gal of gas! wood was real wet! I'll post a pic ASAP.

Great story! Sean,
Bought my Poulan 3400 in 1985 with 18" bar. It has cut untold cords of wood over the years. We heat older farm house with wood furnace. Its had many bars, chains over the years, but still runs like new!

100_0044.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

My first saw was a shindaiwa 300, it was a sleeper bone stock. It was wicked slow, this summer I dug it out from where I had it (it had still ran I was just tired of waiting so long to cut through stuff). Then I muffler modded it got it a new bar and chain, and now it can outrace my 346xp ne in anything under 6". I can also bury the 12" bar in hardwood and it keeps going.

A Craftsman 2.3 (Poulan XXV) that I got for $25 from a distant cousin that used it while working for Davey Tree. My first real saw was a 041 Super AVE. Neither of those run. We're pack rats!!!

well yes and no, yes I still own it and and no I don't have it as it is on perma-loan to my uncle in Indy. It's a 435 Lowe's special(hey we all gotta start somewhere)

yeah it's still hanging around.

echo cs-440. NIB ebay special.

low on funds and needing to cut something to burn. the old man had good luck with the echoes so i got one too.

Back