Who's still burning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it's hard to believe you guys are still having a fire. It went from winter to summer here. It's been near 100 for a while now as you can see by my weather sticker.

We seem to have lost a season, too.

Used to be the progression of winter-mud-spring-summer-fall. Then wash, rinse, repeat.

We're stuck in a rut these past few years where we're going from mud to summer.

We seem to have lost a season, too.

Used to be the progression of winter-mud-spring-summer-fall. Then wash, rinse, repeat.

We're stuck in a rut these past few years where we're going from mud to summer.
Yup the weathers getting crazy, I've been cutting and splitting blackjack oak the last couple of days after work and the heat and humidity has really been rough. This is the kind of heat we usually get in august. Hate to think what it's gonna be like.

Wow, it's hard to believe you guys are still having a fire. It went from winter to summer here. It's been near 100 for a while now as you can see by my weather sticker.

Same here...East Central Illinois...temps in the low to mid 90's...temps we normally get in July/Aug...Summers only begun & it's already a PITA:censored:

year around

summer time i only put in a few pieces during the night just to carry over to the next morning. from 6am to 11pm only garbage gets burned..., while i'm at work, mom does yard clean up. keeps the yard clean, and it's MORE then plenty to keep the hot water up to temp.

during the cooler/colder winter months, heating 2 houses, both garages, 2 DHW, 1 shop , hot tub, 2 clothes dryers,

during the summer, only the clothes dryers and DHW. maybe hot tub if i blow out my back or something....

summer days, burn pine needles, leaves, shrubbery, limb clippings, bush clippings, etc etc.
summer nights, few pieces to carry over to next day. mostly punky dry pine (deadfall from years ago, the stuff that falls apart into 4 different chunks as you try and pick it up, saving the good stuff for when i really need it). Really has cleaned up the ground of the woods, much easier walking. literally must have 100 trails in my 80 acres to get around with my tiny tractor and trailer....

i wince at the thought of burning the good wood to keep the water hot...

btw, burner is set @ 196F

Last edited:
It got to 102 air temp today, Don't know what the humidity was but you could feel it really bad. Got a bad feeling it's gonna be a really hot one this year. It went from raining about every day and floods to a drought and triple digit temps. Crazy.

Yup the weathers getting crazy, I've been cutting and splitting blackjack oak the last couple of days after work and the heat and humidity has really been rough. This is the kind of heat we usually get in august. Hate to think what it's gonna be like.
I have been cuttin and splitin some post oak after work, may be 1-2 hrs. Even in the shade its a killer.Saws don,t like it much either, down on power hard to restart.Today I just stayed in the a/c.I,ve got just over 8cord stacked anyway.
stay cool and safe

Latest posts

Back