Who's still burning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not had a fire since May 1st. Last night was pretty cold so I put my kids in footed pjs and put an extra blanket on everyone. Warms up enough by mid day not to bother firing up the stove for me.

What a timely topic!

I just fired up the wood stove for the first time in a month. They're forecasting a frost tonight and I really don't want to waste the oil.

May Long Weekend here, so I can pretty much guarantee bad weather Snow this Morning turning to rain today and frost tonight. Right Now it is just above freezing but tomorrow temps should be back up :)Yesterday sunny in the 70s today Snow you get used to it.:hmm3grin2orange:

Still have the OWB going just to heat the DHW... haven't decided whether or not to do this year round or not.

Had a fire going here the last couple days. Lows in the 40s, highs in the low 70s. Getting rid of all the odd ball wood that don't stack well. Hey, it burns to!

Had not burned in a couple of days, but started the stove last night and burnt all day today and tonight aswell. I spent the whole long weekend cutting and splitting so it only seems fitting to be burning too.:cheers:

WOKE UP SATURDAY TO THIS :censored: GETTING TIRED OF THIS WEATHER
SPOSED TO BE GETTING WARM.
attachment.php

I'm burning all year unless my electric bill shows me it's not worth it. Lowest bill i've ever had since living here 16 years.. Just DHW now. Fill the Heatmor every 2 or 3 days and when i get my HeatX will heat my pool.

Still burning here, had about two weeks of wind and rain, Our house get the full force of the wind and cools down quickly. so more of the crap wood pile gets burned.. ain't touching the good stuff!

I built a small fire yesterday morning to drive the chill off. It's 41 outside this morning, about the same as yesterday. Highs are very warm in the afternoon.

Ian

The 5648 is still perkin here. Temps have been goin from 80's to 30's the last few weeks, besides that I've been cleaning up all the stray pieces of wood kickin around to feed the boiler. The first week of June has been the shutdown time for the last four years.

I've had a fire the last few nights, it was 47F this morning. Supossed to be in the 80's this afternoon tho.

Back