Who's still burning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WE are still keeping a fire in the OWB.35f this morning and 33f yesterday.We did need some heat in the house.Will keep it going into the first week of June,if not for heat for DHW.Then pay the gas co. for June,July and August.Then back to wood for heat and hot water starting in September.

I haven't had a fire in over a month...guess I am lucky..either that or I am so old that I can't sense cold temperatures any more..

Ours is still running. It's nice to have it on for the hot water heater to save on the electric. Good thing the OWB is on because we just had 3 nights in a row of it being cold ... 30, 20, 32 degrees. The 20 degree night cost us a few plants in the garden :( We had them covered too. Plan is to shut it down sometime soon.

OWB here still pumpin out some smoke...haven't shut her down. Heating my DHW and the evenings still droppin down to 50's.

Had a fire on Monday afternoon and Monday night, Put a few pcs in on Tuesday morning then let burn out. It was'nt to bad out, but 4 of the 5 of us are fighting nasty colds and a nice fire to sit beside always seem to help.

Took the kids down to the wood shed last night and brought up the last 4 wheel barrow loads of "sholder wood" .. told the wife, when it's gone it's gone. it's june in a few weeks!

Our oil heating has been turned off since 1st april and ain't going back on till at least 1st october.

Still got ours going to for the DHW mostly but it's been dropping getting pretty cold at night here to.

We haven't burned for a few days, but there was snow on the ground this morning so who knows about tonight.

Sun is out and snow is melted to extinction (almost) - if the sun stays out then no fire in the stove today.

:cheers:

Campfire Wood

Doc, that don't count....but it sure is fun...I think we're done now, cold snap is gone...Lanny
One thing for sure, Lanny, these campfires make quick work of "lousy" firewood that I don't like to throw into the wood stove. Cottonwood, willow, basswood, punky maple, pine, and Lord knows what else suddenly move to the forefront. The weenies and marshmallows don't seem to care what heats them up. :chainsaw:

I think I might be done for the season. Time to follow in others footsteps and move the fires outside for beers and BS over the holiday weekend.

May 30th 2009

Started a fire tonight, supposed to get down to 3 celcius which is about 37 fahrenheit, long term looks below average temps for the next couple of weeks. I guess I should be thankful as I am still cutting so the cooler weather is nice.:cheers:

Last edited:
We had a couple fires in the last few days, very cold here for late May. I don't mind having an occasional fire, my body doesn't tolerate the hot humid days very well.

Last edited:
thats me guys, fire guard is down, fire cleaned out. ready for the next season. Time to get the piles ready!

Latest posts

Back