why would husky/jonsered market a saw that runs this poorly???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
Reaction score
i finally had a chance to put some time on my new 2253 today, it runs like crap. i ran almost 6 full tanks through it, and has a serious bog/hesitation just off idle. i can't believe that anyone would market a product, continually, with this issue. i.e. 562/2260 and the 550/2253. why havent they fixed this well known issue. my 2260 has about 10-12 tanks through it, and runs perfectly. i thought IT would be the saw i had to worry about, and the 2253 would be fine. no such luck, anyone want a 2253 cheap, it just might be for sale soon.

yeh 2 year warranty. i will most likely be sold if it cant be fixed. i am glad i did not sell my 2153 after all. i was leary about this new platform, as the issues seem hit and miss at best. just cant believe they would not be doing everything possible to make sure there is no issues. i have not heard much in the way issue with the 2253 either, but this is just my luck. i guess i will be owning a 241c after all.

Many have had to fit multiple carbs to get a good one, many just run them not knowing how they should run. They are not all bad but you deserve better when buying a premium brand like Husky. My 550 and 555 are great, no hesitation/stumble and when working as they were intended they perform well. The ms241cm is the best 40cc saw on the market today, not many dispute that and l am yet to hear a single complaint about one. But they are 40cc opposed to 50cc. l am sure someone will help you but it sucks to have to fix a new off the shelf saw, you will now find out what a warranty is worth!! Some have looked at this issue in detail but l am yet to be convinced anyone has pinpointed the exact reason behind the issue and dealers like to swap carbs than diagnose/fix them due to labor costs ect. Good luck!!

i own and run a few jonsered saws for entertainment value, and nothing else. right now i am anything but entertained. the 50 and 60cc saws just have zippiness/spool up about them that stihl does not. with that said, i would rather own a saw that i know will start, and run reliably for a lifetime, than the quickest hot rod on the block. i will give the dealer a chance to make it right, before i pass judgement here.

on a rather light hearted/funny sidenote, the dealer here in my neck of the woods is amish. get this, he has a laptop, and all the software to diagnose and service these saws.
haha, pretty common. A lot of amish folks around me have phones and stuff, but there are always funny rules about calling like "i can only answer the phone M-F from 8-9 am........But seriously, i have big huge boatloads of respect for amish communities, who can function in our throwaway, workaholic, tweeter obsessed society.

on a rather light hearted/funny sidenote, the dealer here in my neck of the woods is amish. get this, he has a laptop, and all the software to diagnose and service these saws.
Mine too!! You're not from rush or decatur county(Indiana), are you?
I've had 4 or 5 Jonsereds, all new and neary a problem,,Herr Schmidt fuels 'em, starts 'em, walks out back to a sawbuck and runs/tunes them and hands them off to me. After I've made a couple cuts he ask if it's okay, I've always said, "Yep" and down the road I go,,
Don't give up on that saw, it may just need a little tuning,,,

I really have to ask why you have Stihl as your avatar and run all Jonsereds? Or at least complain about them?
ahh, because i am a stihl/deere dealer, and have/run many stihl saws in my personal collection. i own only three jonsered saws, as stated in the previous post. i am neighbors/friends with the jonsered dealer. not sure where you got that i run all jonsereds???

Latest posts

Back