why would husky/jonsered market a saw that runs this poorly???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of your posts are incredibly hard to understand.

Can you break this one down ?

I cant crack the code..im trying to understand..
Sorry im a big time dyslexic

Yeah the epa has control of the industry standards with pollution. Everything that emits any pollutants saw cars refineries has to pass emission specs. So there is more filtration to separate solids gasses and exhaust anything that can not be contained like exhaust has to be tested and regulated. So less fuel less hydrocarbons same as with running lesser amouts of oil. Epa sucks and i dont care about keeping anything in stock spec so it runs better

Not that i look that far into this stuff , but ive wondered at times myself why MT/AT wasnt on the homeowner/ farm saws first .. it would seem that could be more beneficial to someone who is less likely to understand tuning and all the other stuff

But then again i know "professionals" who work for tree services who know virtually nothing about tuning..muffler mods..etc etc

They know how to use the saws well..but outside of that..its just a tool to them

Arboristsite is a small fish in a very big pond.

Sorry im a big time dyslexic

Yeah the epa has control of the industry standards with pollution. Everything that emits any pollutants saw cars refineries has to pass emission specs. So there is more filtration to separate solids gasses and exhaust anything that can not be contained like exhaust has to be tested and regulated. So less fuel less hydrocarbons same as with running lesser amouts of oil. Epa sucks and i dont care about keeping anything in stock spec so it runs better

Im kinda pickin up what your puttin down..kinda..

MT/AT is a great thing for a majority of saw users , it eliminates alot of variables..they dont win cookie cuttin competitions but they run very well..it doesnt matter to me because i know how to tune them..but its a good thing for 99.9 % of chainsaw operators..these new stihls have hollow cans for mufflers , they arent exactly choked up..if you wanna see choked up look at a ms 361 muffler.

Stihl has a great system Chris. They made it simple. The same solenoid fits every M/T carb......and is almost always the problem. It's like 25 bucks, and the user can do the reset himself. Huskys system is over complicated, and must be plugged in to do a reset. I can fix a Husky.....and when the temp swings wildly........the problem sometimes returns. :(

Not bashing here........just telling the truth.
Yes, I don't see why they are having trouble, as it is a pretty simple concept. I still don't really get what's wrong with the 562 carbs, although in one thread it sounded like a simple mechanical issue with the throttle position sensing linkage. If so there's no real excuse for that kind of mistake.

Here though there is no history of 555 AT issues, nor any indication that there is anything wrong with the AT system, or scored cylinders or such. It could well be a simple air leak of the kinds that are common on saws. Why not have the dealer fix it under warranty?

Yes, I don't see why they are having trouble, as it is a pretty simple concept. I still don't really get what's wrong with the 562 carbs, although in one thread it sounded like a simple mechanical issue with the throttle position sensing linkage. If so there's no real excuse for that kind of mistake.

Here though there is no history of 555 AT issues, nor any indication that there is anything wrong with the AT system, or scored cylinders or such. It could well be a simple air leak of the kinds that are common on saws. Why not have the dealer fix it under warranty?
I love how the run and feel. But it seems while 3 out of 5 may be great the 2 other saws have what I consider poor QC problems. The lovely el46 on the 562 have been the biggest problem for me. Getting a carb warranty from Husqvarna on the 562s shouldn't be needed. A simple recall and carb swap would have been the best solution. But instead some of us non dealers have to shell out the cabbage for something that was defective from the factory. Not to mention that the reset it and try it only further irritates people. These carbs aren't exactly cheap.

Stihl has a great system Chris. They made it simple. The same solenoid fits every M/T carb......and is almost always the problem. It's like 25 bucks, and the user can do the reset himself. Huskys system is over complicated, and must be plugged in to do a reset. I can fix a Husky.....and when the temp swings wildly........the problem sometimes returns. :(

Not bashing here........just telling the truth.
I.will check the transfers tonight when I get home. That and the boot are as far as I.will go. It goes back to the dealer in the morning.

The carb on the 550 has a L speed screw, you have to pull the carb to get to it. The 550 is not known to have the same carb issues as the 562. Sorry I smell something funny in this thread, smalls a little like BS.

Gotta pull a welch plug to find it right?

Pop that brass welch plug out, back the needle under it out 1/4 turn, your saw will be golden.

I haven't had any problems with my 2252 bogging which is basically the same saw, just a SOB to start which I hear goes away.

I love how the run and feel. But it seems while 3 out of 5 may be great the 2 other saws have what I consider poor QC problems. The lovely el46 on the 562 have been the biggest problem for me. Getting a carb warranty from Husqvarna on the 562s shouldn't be needed. A simple recall and carb swap would have been the best solution. But instead some of us non dealers have to shell out the cabbage for something that was defective from the factory. Not to mention that the reset it and try it only further irritates people. These carbs aren't exactly cheap.
I agree on the QC issue. I know these new huskies/jonsereds are good saws. But that is one thing about Stihl that is superior in every way. Their fit/ finish/ and build quality is second to none. I have been to va. Beach a few times. It is a second to none facility, to say the least. These type of issues are virtually nonexistant with stihl. If there is an issue, they nip in the butt quickly. I.e. the issue with the early 661 saws.

Correct mixtures make power. Rich mixtures waste fuel and go slow, but chainsaws have never had carbs that can hold a correct mixture (either lean or rich) until now. To me an engine that is blubbering and misfiring ("4 stroking") is broken and needs to be fixed, but no, they actually make them that way! I would not put up with a misfiring engine on anything else and would take such a defective piece of junk back, but with saws there has not been any alternative.

The EPA did not require lean mixtures that score cylinders, limiter caps, cat mufflers or any of that happy horsecrap. It is just a performance test, with the requirement that you show that the stuff you actually produce will perform as the examples you submitted for testing did. How you meet those limits is up to the manufacturer, and all of that fine "engineering" was brought to you by the manufacturers. In fact it's not even that severe of an emissions limit; they're really only trying to keep raw fuel from puking out the exhaust.

The whole 4-stroking rich mixture misfire is not something that was designed into chainsaws to protect them, it is an unfortunate consequence of making an all-position carb (they removed a feature found in all other carbs). So what if they misfired? Heck, fuel was cheap, and why spend any more on a better carb? It became an easy way to set the mixture by listening for it, but it could have been done other ways.

It still irritates me that they're only putting AT/MT feedback carbs on the high end saws. I mean, it's a cheap solenoid valve, a connector, some wire and maybe a temp sensor and switch, plus a cheap micro and a few other electronics that can be packaged in with the electronic ignition that would be there anyway. Compare this to the electronic systems in so much other stuff and it's really not much - they should be putting at least a simplified version on every homeowner Poulan by now.
Well most new saws seem to have to issue of bogging out due to lack of fuel seems most discussions on her are about removing caps and not to clean the carb. More along the lines of fatten them up a bit so they dont fall flat on There face in a cut

Back