why would husky/jonsered market a saw that runs this poorly???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree on the QC issue. I know these new huskies/jonsereds are good saws. But that is one thing about Stihl that is superior in every way. Their fit/ finish/ and build quality is second to none. I have been to va. Beach a few times. It is a second to none facility, to say the least. These type of issues are virtually nonexistant with stihl. If there is an issue, they nip in the butt quickly. I.e. the issue with the early 661 saws.
I knew that "build quility" thing would come up.:laugh:

Well most new saws seem to have to issue of bogging out due to lack of fuel seems most discussions on her are about removing caps and not to clean the carb. More along the lines of fatten them up a bit so they dont fall flat on There face in a cut
Limiter caps are the kind of junk manufacturers come up with when they don't want to spend any money on product development. The AT/MT feedback carbs don't have limiter caps as they self adjust to keep the mixture correct.

Some 562s apparently bog due to a parts or manufacturing defect. Other saws bog because there was no product development done and they just slapped on limiters and set them lean. But again, it's a performance test and there are many ways to meet it - you don't have to buy the ones that are poorly done.

There is nothing in this thread that has been tied to feedback carbs or emissions limits. It sounds like an air leak.

I've never really heard of problems with the 550/2253, my 550 has been perfect (562's too) i know Brad had a bad carb on his 550 and got a new carb and its been fine but other than that have not heard of any issues with the 550/2253.

Exactly - discussion over! :lol:

Well, obviously not, as it still is going on - but it should have stopped right there!

I really have to ask why you have Stihl as your avatar and run all Jonsereds? Or at least complain about them?

I sometimes wonder why an admitted Stihl fan use only Jonsereds as his work saws - first 2153 and 2156, and then 2260 and 2253.

He can't be that impressed with the current Stihl alternatives....:lol:

The 661 and 461 are the only Stihl saws I have been impressed with, but when the husqvarna 572 and 590 finally come out there won't be any reason to buy a Stihl as they build a nice saw but are the wrong color in my world

I really like some Husqvarnas. The 372 and 346 are fantastic saws. I can make either of those saw into pissed off SOBs that hate wood. All the 2 series saws are great. Very tough saws that take a hell of a beating.

I can make a 562XP, or a 550XP run in a way that will embarrass a lot of larger saws.

BUT........that does not mean I'm gonna prop up their build quality.

i finally had a chance to put some time on my new 2253 today, it runs like crap. i ran almost 6 full tanks through it, and has a serious bog/hesitation just off idle. i can't believe that anyone would market a product, continually, with this issue. i.e. 562/2260 and the 550/2253. why havent they fixed this well known issue. my 2260 has about 10-12 tanks through it, and runs perfectly. i thought IT would be the saw i had to worry about, and the 2253 would be fine. no such luck, anyone want a 2253 cheap, it just might be for sale soon.

Many of the early MS241's had an even worse bog off idle. Mine still does. Stihl haven't even recognized it's existence.

Latest posts

Back