WI/MN/IA GTG March 13th 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Woodyman looks good hope it sounds just as good. A little overkill you think possibly loose power?

I was hopeing to have a saw built with a billet head and a pipe for the GTG, but it's not going to happen this year. I've been so busy with other shop projects (trucks and tractors) that there hasn't been much time to mess with the saws. There's a lot of geometry in cutting the correct chamber, squish band and getting the chamber volume correct and squish band to surface area ratio right. Then trying to get the porting numbers to come out right and getting everything to match or complement the next part will make me loose more hare than I have. It all takes time.

My spare time has been spent helping a friend figure out camshaft issues, rocker arm mounting geometry and push rod length on an turbocharged alcohol tractor engine. More fun than the chainsaws, and 100X the displacement

Though I did get the old Jonsered cleaned up, tuned up and ready to race the Mac's and Homies to see who can get it started first contest. I'd better get a loooooong recoil rope for the advantage.

Last edited:
I was hopeing to have a saw built with a billet head and a pipe for the GTG, but it's not going to happen this year. .......

Bring anything that you have done.

Though I did get the old Jonsered cleaned up, tuned up and ready to race the Mac's and Homies to see who can get it started first contest. I'd better get a loooooong recoil rope for the advantage.

Can we add a David Bradly to the started frist contest? Or how about ....last to finish the cut! LOL

Dan

if you need any more food or supplies JD, just let me know. The Almena Meat Co. makes some great brats so I'll bring some up allong with some beer to boil them in. I'm going to be out in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana skiing the week before the GTG, maybe I can find something unique to bring back

looking forward to picking your brain wi50 just getting into hotsaws alittle and cant wait to get this one finished up just to play and yes u are right about all the math makes my head hurt thinking about it!!!

Grandpatractor put me on the list as a maybe. At this point I still don't know yet. But I'd hate to show up on not be planned for.

Latest posts

Back