WI/MN/IA GTG March 13th 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news / Good News

The bad news is my old Ranger went in to the shop for some diagnostic work on Friday, not quite DOA but in need of attention. It won't be done until Wednesday or Thursday this week and I have to leave on Wednesday for my appointments already scheduled

The good news is my wife thought I needed to get rid of the old Explorer so I have another Ranger, with topper, loaded with saws and ready to hit the road. I think I have 10 or 11 in there now:

2 ea SP125
SP105
SP40
1-85
7-10
2-10
D44
200 Bow
066 Stihl

Seems like I am forgetting something but we will find out.

Mark

Last edited:
Just a heads-up for anyone making any pit stops on the side of the road in WI. on the way to the GTG Sat. "WATCH OUT FOR BEARS" After the charity cut on Sat. I followed grampatractor back to his place for a little more fun and somewhere along the way we saw a black bear just off the road up in a tree.Maybe not a big deal for some,but I have never seen one out in the wild and it was quite the experience.I know nothing about bears except I don't want to be too close to one.My passenger,I don't know who he was because he was camouflaged with his new shades:clap:said if a bear comes after you just stand still and don't move.I told him I think I would be moving alot in the form of shaking and probably sweating alot and a couple other things.

Just a heads-up for anyone making any pit stops on the side of the road in WI. on the way to the GTG Sat. "WATCH OUT FOR BEARS"

But PLEASE DON'T TRY TO FEED THEM ANY POTATO CHIPS!!!

Bear Bites Woman's Fingers Off at Wisconsin Zoo (AP)

MANITOWOC, Wis. (March 6) -- Police say a bear bit off a woman's fingers at a Wisconsin zoo after she ignored barriers and warning signs to try to feed the animal.

The Lincoln Park Zoo in Manitowoc closed after the incident Friday morning. Police say the 47-year-old woman lost a thumb and a forefinger, and two other fingers were partially severed. The woman's boyfriend was bitten as he tried to pry the bear's mouth off her hand, but he didn't lose any fingers. Her 3-year-old granddaughter wasn't injured.

A mayor's office statement says alcohol played a factor. It's unclear which of two Asiatic black bears bit the women when she put her hand through their enclosure's fence. Police tell the Herald Times Reporter the bears likely won't be euthanized. Manitowoc is about 80 miles north of Milwaukee.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...coln-park-zoo-in-manitowoc-wisconsin/19386113

Can't make it!!

Last minute family things came up so I won't be making it to the GTG . . . . Maybe the next one.

Al :cheers:

close,pine city,have owb, cut lots of wood, what does gtg stand for and what is it,

Get ToGether

Excuse to get the saws out and play, showoff, brag and all around have a good time.

Also, put a face to the names of some of the people on here that live in this neck of the woods.

Grandpatractor also donates the firewood that is cut and split to a local charity.

Hope you can make it. It is this Saturday. Just PM ( Private Mesage) grandpatractor for directions..........

well, Woodyman scared another one off.....

bears....sheesh.
if people knew how many bears there are in WI they would move to CA!:dizzy:

Dolmar Goodyman came thru again!

:rock:The Magneto Power rep came thru again big time! Camo hats, gloves, T-shirts (sorry wendell no shirts like GPT's) sweat shirts and YES! the 2010 DOLMAR calenders! Didn't think they were going to print them this year but they were sure worth the wait:D The model looks like she could be a twin to the redhead in SHIHLSAWING's avatar:heart:

:rock:The Magneto Power rep came thru again big time! Camo hats, gloves, T-shirts (sorry wendell no shirts like GPT's) sweat shirts and YES! the 2010 DOLMAR calenders! Didn't think they were going to print them this year but they were sure worth the wait:D The model looks like she could be a twin to the redhead in SHIHLSAWING's avatar:heart:

Not sure I still want to show up then. :angry: :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm hoping GPT has a big tent. I don't like getting wet. :laugh:

Steve-no need to get me any boots-the safety helmet fits perfectly!:chainsaw:
I am thinking you are going to need more than just tennies for this Sat.I will have to check with J.D. friday night and see if it will be ankle boots,knee high boots or hip waders.Last spring I had to ford a small river to get back to J.D.'s place and I drive a Chevy.Looks like it will rain here for a couple days or so but Sat. looks good:clap:

I got my 2010 Dlomar calender already a while ago....lol........My buddys out east really take good care of me ...:):)

Last edited:
I am thinking you are going to need more than just tennies for this Sat.I will have to check with J.D. friday night and see if it will be ankle boots,knee high boots or hip waders.Last spring I had to ford a small river to get back to J.D.'s place and I drive a Chevy.Looks like it will rain here for a couple days or so but Sat. looks good:clap:

Sounds like it was pretty deep last year-was it mud?rain?orB.S.?:ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back