WI/MN/IA GTG March 13th 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, guys - Hubby & I are donating a wood stove to the GTG. The problem is how to get it up there. We are in the Milwaukee area. Is anyone coming through Milwaukee & hauling a trailer up? The stove weighs 375 lbs. so we also need some muscle to get 'er loaded.

Shari

rb - I have been trying to make those old Mac saws start and run better, we'll see if it helped any in a couple of weeks.

wdchuck - If I have a space left over I can put in my 066, it is an old one but I put a new piston in it a couple of summers ago, I don't think I've run 6 tanks of fuel through it since then.

Mark

80, 90 cc ......
I am interested in the other end of the spectrum
last time there was a fiskars 4 lb super splitter ax. can someone bring one again?

kcj

I can bring mine. Only has about 60 face cords thru it; just getting broke in!:clap:

80, 90 cc ......
I am interested in the other end of the spectrum
last time there was a fiskars 4 lb super splitter ax. can someone bring one again?

kcj

The 4lb fiskars along with a fiskars hatchet both bit the dust in one weekend. They are great for splitting wood, but apparently don't handle throwing contests very well. Time to check on that warranty. Both split from the opening in the handle up towards the steel head.

rb - I have been trying to make those old Mac saws start and run better, we'll see if it helped any in a couple of weeks.

wdchuck - If I have a space left over I can put in my 066, it is an old one but I put a new piston in it a couple of summers ago, I don't think I've run 6 tanks of fuel through it since then.

Mark

Just the powerhead.

IF my bar/chain will fit a 90cc, small mount bar, it'll get me the comparison I'm looking for. If the bar/chain does not fit, then I'm SOL.

The Husky, Dolmar will have superior anti-vibe, but the stihl needs to be included due to dealer convenience.

New contest

I have the 2 saws I need for this GTG contests.
poulan throwing
and
Beaver bowling.
saws004.jpg

saws003.jpg

Might have to let the East Dakotans throw the Beaver. It's a little lighter.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Hey, guys - Hubby & I are donating a wood stove to the GTG. The problem is how to get it up there. We are in the Milwaukee area. Is anyone coming through Milwaukee & hauling a trailer up? The stove weighs 375 lbs. so we also need some muscle to get 'er loaded.

Shari

Shari, I'm probably too far west to make it work, plus I was thinking of taking the wife's car to save some gas money. This is the first time I have seen the Oslo installed. That turned out awesome.

JD, I'm calling dibs on the WT parts, especially the coil assembly and of course, the recoil assembly. ;)

I should add, my WT has survived multiple long distance carroms off concrete walls, and it still out cut the Dollymar 5100.

Regarding the 13th:

Is anyone bringing:

Stihl 660..................stock
Husky 394/395........stock
Dolmar 9010............stock

???

The 394 will be in the truck with us, It had a 20" on it when I bought it......
FYI: The 3120 has the same bar mount and is a blast with the 20" on it.......

The 394 will be in the truck with us, It had a 20" on it when I bought it......
FYI: The 3120 has the same bar mount and is a blast with the 20" on it.......

If my 20" bar or 72dl chain fits, that wood be delightful.

Fitting my sharpening methods to a stronger powerhead, for cutting on a logpile is the goal.

I'll be mounting the bar in a pivoting manner to act as a cutoff saw, so I am researching the hands on benefit(if any) of trading my 460 for a 90cc powerhead. Sure its a 14cc upgrade, but is it worth the unknowns of getting a used(new to me) piece of equipment.

JD has shown me, more often than should occur, that the output of a saw is related more to the operator than the tool.

Sounds like there is going to be alot of big saws at the GTG.Hope you have some big wood for them to chew on J.D.I really want to see how my 371 does in the bigger wood and against the bigger saws:chainsaw:

I'll bring my "NEW" Jonsered 830

I'll bring my Jonsered 830.....I got it running....It's gaining compression every time I run it... I haven't cut much with it. I ripped a round with it. That was fun! There's no drop starting that saw! It's down on the ground with one knee on it and a foot in the handle!

Dan

I think professor JD has has educated just about everyone at the GTG's
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

hey JD i think my brother inlaw will coming with us to!!!
That's cool!!

Just so people don't worry I have kind of given up on trying to update the list.
All I know is we have a large crowd of people coming and we should have a good variety of food .
I have a plenty of room to park.
If any one needs overnight accommodations just let me know.
Here is a link of a map to the GTG
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Grantsburg+&state=wi&address=12913+State+Road+48

Latest posts

Back