WI/MN/IA GTG March 13th 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill be there pretty new to saws. so i will bring my new used 6401 and maybe the 346xp. might need somehelp to tune my saws. i want to learn this should be the place to do it. have a cabin in siren and baught my 372xp from the saw place by the cheese/milk place on 70. should be fun will need adress and time and i can bring food or anything else.
nick HuskyMurph the green horn
will bring my dad and maybe a buddy of mine. try to get my uncle tmurph to go.

ill be there pretty new to saws. so i will bring my new used 6401 and maybe the 346xp. might need somehelp to tune my saws. i want to learn this should be the place to do it. have a cabin in siren and baught my 372xp from the saw place by the cheese/milk place on 70. should be fun will need adress and time and i can bring food or anything else.
nick HuskyMurph the green horn
will bring my dad and maybe a buddy of mine. try to get my uncle tmurph to go.

Sound good. I have a tach and we can help you tune your saws. That's not a problem. That is what these GTGs are all about. Trying to learn a little and have some fun too.
I bought my 2171 from Chris at Burnett dairy also. I have to talk to him yet and see if he will be there. He has come to other ones.

I think tmurph was going to come to a previous one but then wasn't able to make it. Bring them all along we have lots of room.

went to help dad today....and look at the trees

The basswood next to the shed is actually two that grew together and are leaning away from each other. It appears they have been leaning more and more away from each other since I was a kid because they used to touch about 5-6 feet above the ground. Now they only touch right at the ground. They are about 4-4.5 feet in diameter. The big basswood down by the corn crib is 3.5-4 feet in diameter, and the tho oaks by the house are 4 feet in diameter, but I think only one of those will be going. There in another in the south pasture that is supposed to be FAT. I did not make it out to look at that one because of the snow. I did not have my tape with me....:cry: Wanted to get measurements. Dad probably had one laying around, but we were so busy unloading wood, I hardly had time to break out the vid cam. Will post the vids to youtube. search for ikesquirrel.

I talked to lastminute he said he is in! He has got a pretty bad 650 and a-- well you would have to see it to be leave it.I'll bring a big pan of BBQ made from wild elk and buns if you got a place to plug it in.My brother Jim will also be coming with a sweetazz 372,makes my stock 460 look pretty weak.The only reason one or the other wouldn't make it is that we all drive truck.Still working on treemonkey, our local builder, trying to get him to commit with his toys so send him a pm it would help!!! Thanx

I think this is the list so far.
If I missed you or have you in the wrong category just holler at me and I will fix it.

Planning on attending 33

Grandpatractor
Heavy Fuel
wi50
redlinefever ---------smoked pork butts and beer and popand some buns.
wdchuck --------- quiche
nikocker
Curlycherry1------Salsa
Thorcw
triptester
manyhobies
wendell
heimannm
Steve NW WI
wetgunpowder--------Black & Orange Kool-aid
GrizzlyAdams86
kevin j
JeepNJesse
McManus
Philbert
Johnzski
woodyman
davec
VINIFIREWOOD
isaaccarlson
04ultra's saws
turbo +some------BBQ elk & buns
rbmopar
shwinecat
valekbrothers
razafy
beavis331
HuskyMurph
last minute

Maybe Attending 4

jtimm
loosenuts
04ultra
stihlcrazy20

Last edited:
Hey J.D. I counted 33 on planning to attend!!!

Nice response so far! May have to hire a parking attendant!

Al :clap::clap:
I fixed it!
There are quite a few that plan on bringing a friend or two with also.
They aren't listed, so we may be looking at as many as 50.
We definitely have to do an "Official Saw Count" at noon and see how many we have.:cheers:

Any idea of what other food items some folks could bring? I got homemade salsa of varying degrees of hotness and homemade dill pickles, some normal and some with hot peppers.

Any idea of what other food items some folks could bring? I got homemade salsa of varying degrees of hotness and homemade dill pickles, some normal and some with hot peppers.

We usually have everyone just bring something. We always get a good variety and never go hungry! I have a large grill too for cooking up burger or brats. We have had lamb and rabbit at previous ones also.
attachment.php

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PJDdsJ_-kOk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PJDdsJ_-kOk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Here is a video of one of the saws that will be at grampatractor's(grampadolmar) :hmm3grin2orange:GTG.I was just checking out a new file job I did,it has a 20" bar with LGX .050X3/8 chain with a 7 pin drive sproket.I think I can get it to go alittle faster:chainsaw:Ask Thor how it runs:cheers:

Grandpatractor-----Doctored Beans
Heavy Fuel
wi50
redlinefever ---------smoked pork butts and beer and popand some buns.
wdchuck --------- quiche
nikocker
Curlycherry1------Salsa
Thorcw-----------Dessert
triptester
manyhobies
wendell-----------Brats
heimannm
Steve NW WI
wetgunpowder--------Black & Orange Kool-aid
GrizzlyAdams86
kevin j
JeepNJesse
McManus
Philbert
Johnzski
woodyman
davec
VINIFIREWOOD
isaaccarlson
04ultra's saws
turbo +some------BBQ elk & buns
rbmopar
shwinecat
valekbrothers
razafy
beavis331
HuskyMurph
last minute

Maybe Attending 5

jtimm
loosenuts
04ultra
stihlcrazy20
jazz3ring

Last edited:
Jon,it looks like you and your 2156 will be racing against Thor and his 359 this time.I think that 359 has gotten alittle faster sinse the last time you saw it.I forgot his name but was wondering if the young man with the ported 2171 that was at the GTG last March will be there again with it?That was one smoking 2171.

Jon,it looks like you and your 2156 will be racing against Thor and his 359 this time.I think that 359 has gotten alittle faster sinse the last time you saw it.I forgot his name but was wondering if the young man with the ported 2171 that was at the GTG last March will be there again with it?That was one smoking 2171.

He sold that saw! But I have the piston and cylinder from it in my possession.:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back