Wigglesworth Charity Drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard story's.....

Had a good day folks. Fellow member rburg paid me a visit. I actually got to leave the premises for lunch. Very, very thankful for the visit. :)

Also gotta give some props to deerjackie. When we pulled in, he was mowin muh yard for me!!!

He is an awesome, salt of the earth kinda guy. Thank u Jackie! Glad i could help ya figure out that 038 oiler. :)

'twas a good day folks. :)

That's awesome Jeremy:clap: Glad to hear it. BTW, I got the bearing, seals, gaskets, and other misc parts today. With any luck, I'll have the main part of the saw back together tomorrow and maybe even ported by Saturday.

I should come out for a cuppa days and hang out with my.......

Well maybe I won't go that crazy but if I'm able to pay ya a visit I'd be all about it.

Dude, come on down. I can teach ya how to wrench on some stuff. :)

Stop in Cincinnati, just tell me what cut of steak and whether you want it burned to a crisp or bloody as hell.

And then get in the car and come with him. :)

Did he bring you any smoked bologna? :clap:

He brought me a loaf the day after I got out. I've been tearing it up muh fried. ;)

Speaking of working on the saw, I got it all torn down, and the crankcase cleaned and painted. I wanted to get the painting done so that it could begin curing before assembly. The recoil is painted as well. The only other part to be painted will be the clutch cover, when it gets here. I primered the parts, then shot them with TSC's Tractor/Implement paint. The bearing and seal surfaces were taped off.

IMG8806-M.jpg

Speaking of working on the saw, I got it all torn down, and the crankcase cleaned and painted. I wanted to get the painting done so that it could begin curing before assembly. The recoil is painted as well. The only other part to be painted will be the clutch cover, when it gets here. I primered the parts, then shot them with TSC's Tractor/Implement paint. The bearing and seal surfaces were taped off.

IMG8806-M.jpg

Thats sweet.:kilt:

IMG8806-M.jpg

Looks good Brad!

Is that the wife’s oven your using to cure the paint in. I would be dead if I attempted that.

IMG8806-M.jpg

How hot do you heat the oven before putting in the parts Brad?

I primered the parts, then shot them with TSC's Tractor/Implement paint. The bearing and seal surfaces were taped off.

Brad,

How about inside the case - gas tank, oil tank, lower crankcase: left as-is or painted?

Any special primer or the stuff on the same shelf at TSC?

Same question as MasterMind - how hot and how long do you bake it?

Thanks.

Philbert

Brad,

How about inside the case - gas tank, oil tank, lower crankcase: left as-is or painted?

Any special primer or the stuff on the same shelf at TSC?

Same question as MasterMind - how hot and how long do you bake it?

Thanks.

Philbert

I do not paint inside the case. I don't mind a little overspray going in the oil tank though. I only painted the case and recoil. The clutch cover will be done when it gets here. The primer is either the TSC Tractor/Implement stuff, or self-etching primer from the automotive paint store.

Back