wood cutting clothes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the wifey out last week to shoot some vids and act as a whistle punk, she got all sorts of ate up by the skeeters, they didn't bite me once:biggrin:

she must be sweeter than you lol................and together with being sweeter she prob smels nicer to lol..........

I'm a big fan of surplus BDU pants. They're cheap and tough and they dry quickly when you get 'em wet. Nomex is good too if you already have 'em but don't buy 'em otherwise. I don't like to be warm much at all so usually I'm in a t-shirt, even in winter. When it's really cold, I wear a wool sweater. There's this one kind of milsurp wool sweater, I don't know what it's called, it's thin and has three buttons in the front. That's the one I like. I wear 'em til they fall apart and then get a new one. I like hickory shirts, don't get me wrong, they're just usually too warm for me. I pretty much totally avoid raingear. I do have a set of the Filson tin chaps for those really wet days. I have one of the single tin jackets as well, but I very seldom wear it on account of it's too warm. I inherited a set of the double tin bib overalls from the old boss when he retired but I can't imagine I'll get much wear out of them at all. Filson makes really good gear which is totally worth the money.

Well I went and ordered myself a pair of wild ass doubles. I hate the shipping cost but oh well. Hopefully ill have them before the weekend.

I'm a big fan of surplus BDU pants. They're cheap and tough and they dry quickly when you get 'em wet. Nomex is good too if you already have 'em but don't buy 'em otherwise. I don't like to be warm much at all so usually I'm in a t-shirt, even in winter. When it's really cold, I wear a wool sweater. There's this one kind of milsurp wool sweater, I don't know what it's called, it's thin and has three buttons in the front. That's the one I like. I wear 'em til they fall apart and then get a new one. I like hickory shirts, don't get me wrong, they're just usually too warm for me. I pretty much totally avoid raingear. I do have a set of the Filson tin chaps for those really wet days. I have one of the single tin jackets as well, but I very seldom wear it on account of it's too warm. I inherited a set of the double tin bib overalls from the old boss when he retired but I can't imagine I'll get much wear out of them at all. Filson makes really good gear which is totally worth the money.

Wait a dern minute here. That lady from Warshington is always saying things like year-round snow or constant rain or something. And cold, it's always cold. You're not supposed to wear short sleeves cause the mosquitoes are worse than glittery vampires and everything sticks, stabs, or bites. Or so SHE says. I'm moving there!

Last edited:
Wait a dern minute here. That lady from Warshington is always saying things year-round snow or constant rain or something. And cold, it's always cold. You're not supposed to wear short sleeves cause the mosquitoes are worse than glittery vampires and everything sticks, stabs, or bites. Or so SHE says.

Yeah, well, we're made of sterner stuff here, y'know. It's this cursed summer warmth that makes me grumble.

Wait a dern minute here. That lady from Warshington is always saying things year-round snow or constant rain or something. And cold, it's always cold. You're not supposed to wear short sleeves cause the mosquitoes are worse than glittery vampires and everything sticks, stabs, or bites. Or so SHE says.

That show is about vampires? here I thought it was about skeeters, couldn't figure out why its so popular:confused:

The wife beater shirts appear when we get into the 50s. :msp_tongue:

The other parts of the year, I carry spare fleece tops and wear either tin pants or sauna pants over my jeans (carry duck tape to patch sauna pants) a polypro light weight undie top with a light weight fleece over that. Wool can be worn instead of the fleece. If I wore a rain coat, it would be too much sauna clothing. I have a whole closet full of "layers" to wear. Layering is the way to go in this climate.

Being from Washington State and having some 35 day's (+/-) without rain (don't tell anyone that) has made those skeeters come out of every were in my part of PNW

The last week cutting up here I had to have all my skin covered and it's been to hot for that and I'm still getting those red welts all over

The shirt you might be talking bout over here called a norgie lol and they are very light and very warm ........they were developed guess where lol .......Norway lol

Yup slowp you right layers are the way to keep warm etc........better by far than wearing one thick sweater etc......and natural fibres do hold heat better than man made imo but they ain't as fashionable or have the "Buzz Word" names loland we all know some like to wear branded clothing lol...................me I wear what I got and juss get on with it lol

like madhatte i am always hot so i tend to dress light. january i break out the long jons and add a wind proof fleese jacket. i can't wear wool and i have found fleese to be very durable. i get several years out of um and then they get thread bare not ripped. can't stand carhart stuff, can't move in it.

Depends on the temps, I've been known to wear shorts under my kevlar chaps in warmer temps. Mostly, jeans and a hoodie though, but I am a michigan boy, so hoodie and shorts are not uncommon..................and some skeeter spray!:msp_w00t:

Key jeans are good. Much tougher than carhartts at half the price.
I'll sure agree with that! I've been wearing Carhartt double fronts since I was 14, (prob'ly the same ones!) but lately it seems like they wear out real quick. I tried Keys and they seem a little tougher but like you said, they're half the price too. I don't mind them wearing out as much if they're that much cheaper. Not only that but the Keys side leg pockets are more useable to me. The left one is a little larger than the Carhartts and my phone fits in there a lot nicer. And the right one is a little more shallow than the Carhartts and I don't have to dig around for my pipe.

Big socks. I wear thick wool socks year round.. is that odd?
Nope, I do too.

I can't wear wool socks even in the winter. My feet sweat like crazy! You can ask my wife, when I take off my boots it definitely is an odifiorus (sp?) experience! Unless I an relegated to skidder duty (god forbid) or building roads with the dozer. Then my feet freeze. I did get some "lifetime" guarantee heavy socks from Bass Pro, and they are pretty nice. The bonus being, they wear out, they replace em free (minus shipping, etc....) so probably not a great deal but what the hey.......

On a side note anybody got any caulk boots they would be willing to part with at a "bargain" price??? ;) Size 9 d or e???????

I can't wear wool socks even in the winter. My feet sweat like crazy! You can ask my wife, when I take off my boots it definitely is an odifiorus (sp?) experience! Unless I an relegated to skidder duty (god forbid) or building roads with the dozer. Then my feet freeze. I did get some "lifetime" guarantee heavy socks from Bass Pro, and they are pretty nice. The bonus being, they wear out, they replace em free (minus shipping, etc....) so probably not a great deal but what the hey.......

On a side note anybody got any caulk boots they would be willing to part with at a "bargain" price??? ;) Size 9 d or e???????

About the best thing you can do is buy a boot dryer and use it every night. Every month or two mix up a strong solution of baking soda and water and pour it in your boots to the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes then pour it in the other boot. Then onto the boot dryer. Of course foot powder sounds like a good idea too. Desenex or the like.

Big socks. I wear thick wool socks year round.. is that odd?
not at all. wool breaths good. try to wear things that will let air around me body . i don't like it if it's over 50/ 60 degrees. the colder the better "with in reason" for me. and double fronts to try and keep the pokies out of me leggs.

Back