wood cutting clothes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You going to the Rim fire?

No, I'm not registered with USFS. Besides I'm working solid for the next 3 weeks. These fires close to home always seem to happen during our annual 6 week veg management project. After that I'm up for it. Cody will be back from the Marines around the 7th of September and I prefer to work with him. I turn down any hazard falling where only 1 man is hired.

Last edited:
washing them after every use isn't always practical either. If you get enough of the cutting combination...sweat, bar oil, dust, wood chips, another layer of bar oil, some snoose dribbles, a splash of diesel, a little more bar oil, some coffee, a few chocolate smears from donetto crumbs, still more bar oil, and an additional layer or two of sweat and dirt and diesel they won't wash clean anyway. Ever.

You'd need a new set of clothes for every day of the week if you washed every day! Better to just tough it out as long as you, and the people around you on a warm day, can stand it.

Plus if it it rains those clothes will be darn near water proof and i think the mosquitoes and no-see-ums leave you alone better too.

If your cutting clothes get really funky, and i mean to the point where the wife refuses to put them in her washing machine, just throw them down in a corner of the back porch and let the dog sleep on them. They seem to like that.

outstanding...

Back