wood cutting clothes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the best thing you can do is buy a boot dryer and use it every night. Every month or two mix up a strong solution of baking soda and water and pour it in your boots to the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes then pour it in the other boot. Then onto the boot dryer. Of course foot powder sounds like a good idea too. Desenex or the like.

gold bond here. just don't load your boots up to much with it. the goldbond makes your feet feel cool when you sweat.

I can't wear wool socks even in the winter. My feet sweat like crazy! You can ask my wife, when I take off my boots it definitely is an odifiorus (sp?) experience! Unless I an relegated to skidder duty (god forbid) or building roads with the dozer. Then my feet freeze. I did get some "lifetime" guarantee heavy socks from Bass Pro, and they are pretty nice. The bonus being, they wear out, they replace em free (minus shipping, etc....) so probably not a great deal but what the hey.......

On a side note anybody got any caulk boots they would be willing to part with at a "bargain" price??? ;) Size 9 d or e???????

Baileys has Red Dawg Caulks on sale for $155 in some sizes.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

gold bond here. just don't load your boots up to much with it. the goldbond makes your feet feel cool when you sweat.

Gold Bond is a good product and I use it sometimes. However when your feet stink a Desenex like product rubbed in firmly removing soft skin is better. Keep everything dry as much as possible. As a PHD I have studied the effects of different types of socks and footwear in certain various working conditions.

I can't wear wool socks even in the winter. My feet sweat like crazy! You can ask my wife, when I take off my boots it definitely is an odifiorus (sp?) experience! Unless I an relegated to skidder duty (god forbid) or building roads with the dozer. Then my feet freeze. I did get some "lifetime" guarantee heavy socks from Bass Pro, and they are pretty nice. The bonus being, they wear out, they replace em free (minus shipping, etc....) so probably not a great deal but what the hey.......

On a side note anybody got any caulk boots they would be willing to part with at a "bargain" price??? ;) Size 9 d or e???????

Wool will treat you better than cotton if your feet sweat. I can wear wool for literally weeks soaking it every day and it still smells like what I think resembles dry cleaning. Cotton treated that way will grow appendages and crawl away unless it gets Bob's description of proprietary waterproofing ingredients haha. Wool and silk are both amazing fibers on a microscopic level. Id take a wool over sauna clothing as Slowp calls them any rainy day. Although if you have sauna clothes full of holes, wearing them over wool can work very well. All the holes make for good ventilation.
And plus 100 on the boot dryer, invaluable.

Thanks guys,

1. Bailey's sold out of my size three days ago!

2. I am a firm believer in wool, and all of its amazing properties and utilize it when needed (no rain gear for me in winter, just wool)

3. Boots go on a dryer every night!! It's a must......(this is simply the most amazing thing ever invented!!!!) I was a skeptic when I first got it a few years ago......

4. I will try the baking soda and water idea. The Gold Bond (which I love for various other, unmentionable reasons) cakes up on my feet too bad, and other boot powders cake up in my boots and make an even worse stinky, nasty, almost cru stecean ( Is that a word) type of FUNK! I like to call it the "East Ky. Foot Rot"

5. Thank you slowp, I change my socks at least once a week!!! ;)

Thanks guys,

1. Bailey's sold out of my size three days ago!

2. I am a firm believer in wool, and all of its amazing properties and utilize it when needed (no rain gear for me in winter, just wool)

3. Boots go on a dryer every night!! It's a must......(this is simply the most amazing thing ever invented!!!!) I was a skeptic when I first got it a few years ago......

4. I will try the baking soda and water idea. The Gold Bond (which I love for various other, unmentionable reasons) cakes up on my feet too bad, and other boot powders cake up in my boots and make an even worse stinky, nasty, almost cru stecean ( Is that a word) type of FUNK! I like to call it the "East Ky. Foot Rot"

5. Thank you slowp, I change my socks at least once a week!!! ;)

Try this for foot powder. I used this method while I was in the military and still do it today, and it doesn't bunch up

Fieldcraft Tips: Foot Powder Bag

I don't think suspender pant affiliation was properly covered pants should hang from suspenders so chips and twigs won't get stuck in your waist band and you get flow thru ventilation.
A note about Washington weather it's raining today and the amount of rain we get is intentionally understated. If we told how much it actually rains nobody would believe us. We did have 3 good dry days this summer. Usually summer's on a Wednesday this year it lasted monday Tuesday Wednesday those high 50s days were some real barn burners.

I received a pair of black Wild Ass pants from Bailey's today. I am in the second week of a month long job so the pants will see some serious use. Knowing Wild Ass jeans they are cut long but my biggest concern is how well the dye holds up. In addition I bought a new pair Bailey's suspenders. They are much better than the old style, both wider and stronger, more like Welch.

I just ordered some new Baileys house brand 'spenders too. I ordered 3 more pair of Wild Ass dbl fronts for this winter, but just couldn't bring myself to get the black ones. I hemmed and hawed for a while on it for a while though. Also ordered a pair of Hoffman caulks, they are "closeout" seconds but the price was right and we will see how they hold up.

I got my wild ass doubles on Monday, had to cut some off the legs. I'm surprised how comfortable they are after washing. Now just need to put them through hell:laugh:

Whenever my boots get really smelly I place them in the freezer over night. No more stinky boots.

I received a pair of black Wild Ass pants from Bailey's today. I am in the second week of a month long job so the pants will see some serious use. Knowing Wild Ass jeans they are cut long but my biggest concern is how well the dye holds up. In addition I bought a new pair Bailey's suspenders. They are much better than the old style, both wider and stronger, more like Welch.

Let us know how those black WA work out. My old black Keys are about done for.

Latest posts

Back