Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Must be stacked not loose thrown to be that much?

By the way, very nice set up!

Thanks Moss Man....I can easily get a cord in the trailer thrown and have measured it with a small wood pile to spare (see pict)

but have not yet stacked and measured a half and then tried to get it on the insert or the bin yet.
attachment.php

This is my house but I have challenged any cust. to stack and if they come up with less than a measured cord I will bring more. If over they can keep it.

Coalsmoke

Coalsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
Hopefully you are not just blowing coalsmoke up our butts............... :cheers:

I have over 5,000 hours of seat time on cat controlled excavators ranging from 20-60 tons. I would see trucks with their hydraulic dump pup trailers perform this on a daily basis when I was working pre-loads and road rough-ins. Only thing is you couldn't do it if you had to back into a narrow spot.

Maplekid

Maplekid

ArboristSite Operative
I don't have any pics but I use a cub cadet 149 for small amounts. I use the S185 with a grapple if I have to move alot of wood or logs. To haul cordwood my dad uses his internation 1900 with a DT466 in it. It has a hookhoist on it it can haul 3 cords.

mechnut

mechnut

ArboristSite Lurker
That thing is awesome. i bet you could sell the heck outta them if you made it.

Selling them may be the idea....

We're currently designing a different version that we may want to market. It would also have the ability to attach different implements where the splitter is, like a post hole digger....etc. Would anyone be interested if we decided to market these units? (they would look quite different but have the same principle.....)

Moss Man

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Selling them may be the idea....

We're currently designing a different version that we may want to market. It would also have the ability to attach different implements where the splitter is, like a post hole digger....etc. Would anyone be interested if we decided to market these units? (they would look quite different but have the same principle.....)

That thing is simply awesome. The only thing that might be a plus in my neck of the forest would be 4x4 and I realize how expensive that can be to incorperate.

mechnut

mechnut

ArboristSite Lurker
Answers to several questions

To answer a few of your questions:

The frame is built around an old allis chalmers rear end, not a ford. The splitter beam hydraulically tips down to a vertical position for splitting, see pics, and the power plant is a 13 hp PowerTrane industrial engine mounted under the seat..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

any questions just ask, and i'll get pics of the second generation one as they come. right now all i have are 3d cad renderings.

Chris Crouse

Chris Crouse

ArboristSite Operative
Talk about creativity! I like it a lot. It's amazing to see that little engine powering that thing. Even though an old tractor motor may have only had 15 horsepower, they had a heck of a lot of torque. Plus, they turned real slow too. I guess you must have some additional gear reduction between the engine and the differential. I see the belt and pulley, but there is probably more than that I bet. Really nice!

mechnut

mechnut

ArboristSite Lurker
Talk about creativity! I like it a lot. It's amazing to see that little engine powering that thing. Even though an old tractor motor may have only had 15 horsepower, they had a heck of a lot of torque. Plus, they turned real slow too. I guess you must have some additional gear reduction between the engine and the differential. I see the belt and pulley, but there is probably more than that I bet. Really nice!

The original engine was about 18 horse, your right there is a reduction, but it is the belt pully, no other gear reduction, originally that transmission was driven through the front also, we machined that plate and are actually driveing it through the old PTO shaft, had to do some creative stuff to get everything to spin in the right direction, but that lil engine is more than enough power. The next gen version is all hydraulic drive and has 20+ hp though.

Latest posts