Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the good comments!

The trailer is intend for small logs. The kids will use it. The wood lot is pretty well drained, so not much muddy ground. In the picture you can see the trail that lead to the wood. it is solid ground almost year long.

I like the independent walking tandems idea... That's exactly what I was looking for...

247819d1344449334-dsc05746-jpg

Thanks for the good comments!

The trailer is intend for small logs. The kids will use it. The wood lot is pretty well drained, so not much muddy ground. In the picture you can see the trail that lead to the wood. it is solid ground almost year long.

Gotcha. Our's property tends to get pretty soft when wet so we have better luck with wider tires. Those should be fine on hard ground.

I like the independent walking tandems idea... That's exactly what I was looking for...

247819d1344449334-dsc05746-jpg

Walking tandems is the way to go for sure! I know I would have huge problems if the trailer I built didn't have the walking tandems. Wood stays nice and leval while the trailer does all the moving around.

DR Power Wagon has been moving my wood from pile to house for several years. Just yesterday also made it my splitter mover.

That looks handy. Is the ball bolted in, or did you run a lynch pin through it for easy removal? Our woodshed is 20'
from the house so I just use a wheel barrow. I could still find a use for that PW.

brought home some dry oak today :D
attachment.php

finished up quartering some tan oak rounds then stopped at my step fathers place to pick up some dry. He has a lot more room than I do and gets much hotter temps so we dry wood at his place rather than mine.

still need a few more loads to fill up the wood pile in the back yard.

Double towing

Is double towing legal in the trails:jester:

Really love this thread. To be able to see other folks wood haulers is great. I will have to take the camera out next time...:clap:

DR Power Wagon has been moving my wood from pile to house for several years. Just yesterday also made it my splitter mover.

A little fun from last night. Wife's aunt and uncle had a tree down and cut up in town. There was a little more than I thought. I'm just a firewood kind of guy but this rig gets it done. (FIL's skid steer, my truck and trailer.) Partnering with the FIL has been working out well for both of us.

Jeff

A little fun from last night. Wife's aunt and uncle had a tree down and cut up in town. There was a little more than I thought. I'm just a firewood kind of guy but this rig gets it done. (FIL's skid steer, my truck and trailer.) Partnering with the FIL has been working out well for both of us.

Jeff

I hope you weren't driving too far. The dot guys here would be all over you, legit or not.

Nice set up you are working with. Good load of wood too. :clap:

I hope you weren't driving too far. The dot guys here would be all over you, legit or not.

Nice set up you are working with. Good load of wood too. :clap:

About 13 miles of backroads at no more than 25 mph. Wife's uncle is mayor of the town we were in and knows the sherriff's guys, but that probably would not have made much difference. He said 3 or 4 face cord so I thought it would be quick and easy. I'm guessing there was a little more than that but the shorter pieces were not as easy as loading straight logs.
The cops usually take it easy if you are strapped down good and going slow, but I didn't see any police officers last night so who knows.
Jeff

pretty much new to the wood hauling sport. A little worried about my pathfinder since its max towing is 6k lbs. I already had a blow out from too much weight.
Fixed that by getting some 10 ply tires on the rear. Now the question is how much longer until i break something else. I can't afford a truck right now so it's gonna have to do i guess.

img20120317135724.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Let the trailer take the wieght, center the load. truck tires should be fine.

Latest posts

Back