Wood Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEKS

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a 14X6 Heavy Duty Trailer, 18' OAL..
Solid rig..
2X10 Oak Planks on floor, 12 - 1.5" steel tube cross members on frame..
Added some Tremclad and rubber..
Tows great with some Oak, Shagbark, Ash and Pear to test it out.

Nice. :rock:

Always wanted a nice trailer, most of mine are old mobile home frames or hay wagons. I am jealous :msp_wink:

Good luck with it

Picked up a 14X6 Heavy Duty Trailer, 18' OAL..
Solid rig..
2X10 Oak Planks on floor, 12 - 1.5" steel tube cross members on frame..
Added some Tremclad and rubber..
Tows great with some Oak, Shagbark, Ash and Pear to test it out.

Nice looking rig. What's the load rating?

Will check on that, believe 3500 lb per axle..

That'll do it. We borrow the BIL's car hauler when we have long or heavy stuff to move. I think his is rated about the same (7K on 2 axles).

Good looking trailer with the silver on the bottom . Some people don't like this thought but conspicuoiscity (sp) tape sure makes it seen better at night on the sides.

Great trailer, but really nice for wood. Hope you have better luck than me, everytime I go to use one of mine the one I want is gone! (brothers, nephews):msp_w00t:

Great trailer, but really nice for wood. Hope you have better luck than me, everytime I go to use one of mine the one I want is gone! (brothers, nephews):msp_w00t:

Try locking it. One of those things that goes around the wheel and tire works well. ;o)

I'd love to have one of those... Don't need the string trimmer racks but I've always wanted a car/mower/wood hauler! been looking local for something like that but haven't found one yet. Do we get to ask what it set you back? or is that a not supposed to be asked? Just wondering what the market for these looks like other places...

Only other thing I might look to add is a winch to the front of the bed for loading dead cars/atvs/stuff...

Try locking it. One of those things that goes around the wheel and tire works well. ;o)

I'm thinking of painting $5.00 for 2 days and $10 every day after near the coupler, then a select few might get them back quicker.(sooner than a week):msp_angry: Plus a little cash towards wear and tear wouldn't hurt.:clap:

Last edited:
For a nice trailer ......

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good looking trailer with the silver on the bottom . Some people don't like this thought but conspicuoiscity (sp) tape sure makes it seen better at night on the sides.

I have the DOT Reflective Tape on the back and enough to do the sides, still working on the placement of it. :msp_biggrin:

I'd love to have one of those... Don't need the string trimmer racks but I've always wanted a car/mower/wood hauler! been looking local for something like that but haven't found one yet. Do we get to ask what it set you back? or is that a not supposed to be asked? Just wondering what the market for these looks like other places...

Only other thing I might look to add is a winch to the front of the bed for loading dead cars/atvs/stuff...

I came with the trimmer racks, could hold a Remington 870 so I will leave them on..
I got it for $1500 CAN, great deal for these parts. The previous owner wanted to down size. The cheapest one at Home Depot is near that.
It holds both a Kubota 2620 and Kawaski 650, could easliy get my wife's Matrix on there if I move the wood pile over.

Last edited:
Very nice! I want to see a shot of those oak planks!
And I love that continuous tie-down bar. I might have to do some welding on my new trailer.:clap:

Planks were buried all day, did 3 full loads, will take a few pics tomorrow.
I did have to secure them down, ran 2 pieces of 3/8"X2"X70" steel perpendicular to planks and bolted them to frame.
The planks are so heavy they did not bounce, I just like having them fastened in.

Latest posts

Back