Wood Stove vs. Wood Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize to rise this thread from the grave. However, I am officially going with wood and it is ready to go for this winter. Here is my plan and let me know what you think.

I was going to buy a wood stove then put heating water coils like here in it: Wood Stove Hot Water Coil I6T Kit Hydronic Domestic Heating Wood Coal Stoves | eBay

Then connect it to a heat exchanger and use my existing furnace fan to blow over the exchanger to heat the whole house. Therefore, I will heat my entire house off of one stove which will be very nice and efficient. My question is has anyone ever done this or have experience with this.

How many coils would you need?

I am not sure how many coils I would need. I am going to email this company: [email protected] tell them what I am trying to do and hopefully they will let me know. However, if anyone on this forum has this set up let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
I apologize to rise this thread from the grave. However, I am officially going with wood and it is ready to go for this winter. Here is my plan and let me know what you think.

I was going to buy a wood stove then put heating water coils like here in it: Wood Stove Hot Water Coil I6T Kit Hydronic Domestic Heating Wood Coal Stoves | eBay

Then connect it to a heat exchanger and use my existing furnace fan to blow over the exchanger to heat the whole house. Therefore, I will heat my entire house off of one stove which will be very nice and efficient. My question is has anyone ever done this or have experience with this.

The problem with this is if you have a high-efficiency EPA rated stove it already extract as much as 80% or more of the heat from the stove. If your setup extracts an extra 5%-15% you will have major drafting problems. Especially if you have tee's and elbows in your venting/chimney system.

If you have an old smoke dragon then it should work fine.

Latest posts

Back