Would it be worth buying a Husky 555??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 555, 562, 560 huskies are great saws out of the box and better with a muff mod, I would never take an echo over one just to save a buck.

I would trade the 555 hybrid for another 620 in a heart beat. Its a "tight" saw but has nothing power wise, those specs are a joke, I am finished listening to ass hats on here say "but the specs, THE SPECS!!!!" no one cares what the people who want to sell you **** say about theyre own saws.

I don't know you and you must definitely not know me, but you might want to know a little more about the subject before calling me out. your remark is a joke and shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. you may want to do a bit of research on the 555 and 562 differences or lack there of... I would school you in the in the minor differences but there is page upon page on this site explaining it over and over so try the search function out.

Following up before the blast.

I would trade the 555 hybrid for another 620 in a heart beat. Its a "tight" saw but has nothing power wise, those specs are a joke, I am finished listening to ass hats on here say "but the specs, THE SPECS!!!!" no one cares what the people who want to sell you **** say about theyre own saws.
Sounds good, to each his own I guess, I had a 560 and thought it was awesome and the best 60cc I've ever ran, but just never used it that much.

Hey Bob been a while, how's it going, will we see you in October.

Been a really good season Numa. Crazy busy at the store and one byproduct of that is I disappear from the sites for a month or two. Kind of miss everybody here but things should be easing up soon.
Hey, my Ariens snow blowers are coming this Monday, so wood season can't be too far away. :lol:

I have both the 555 and a 365xt.
Both are great saws.
The 365 is easy to mod into a 372.
The 555 is easier to not flood.
Thought about selling my 365 but suspect I'd regret it at some point.
You can run a 28" bar with a skiptooth chain all day for really big wood.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about getting a Husky 555. I'd like to know if a 555 w/20" b&c will have noticeably more power over a NE346XP w/16" & 18" b&c? In other words, will it be worth buying a new 555 if I already have a NE346XP? My 346 works great for most of my cutting needs and it's nice and light. However, I have some bigger wood and would like a saw that will run a 20" b&c that won't brake the bank. I don't know how close the NE346XP is in actual cutting power to the 555. What do you guys/gals think??

Thanks, NYH1.

I hope this thread helps you as it seems we all have a little ADD.

You questions broken down:

I'd like to know if a 555 w/20" b&c will have noticeably more power over a NE346XP w/16" & 18" b&c? (IMHO a 16" bar will not really reflect the power difference between the two)
Will it be worth buying a new 555 if I already have a NE346XP? (That depends, do you see yourself wanting a large mount saw, 20" bar or larger, what kind of wood?
I have some bigger wood and would like a saw that will run a 20" b&c that won't brake the bank. What do you guys/gals think?? (Would you ever be cutting larger then 20" logs, want the option to pull a larger bar or use a larger bar in an emergancy?)

Is the 555 a solid saw? Yes.
If I had to have two saws (and already had a 346XP) would I get a 555? Probably not. Why? If I only had two saws I may want alittle more ass to pull a 24" bar, you never know when you are going to take a trip and the trees arent the same size as home, 20" bar doesnt mean 20" cutting area and type of wood can really strain a saw.

Honestly, I dont care what you get and you shouldnt care what anyone here says you get, buy a saw, that for the money gets you the most versitility and flexability.

Hey Man their is one in my shop I will trade you[emoji41]

If I had to have two saws (and already had a 346XP) would I get a 555? Probably not. Why? If I only had two saws I may want alittle more ass to pull a 24" bar, you never know when you are going to take a trip and the trees arent the same size as home, 20" bar doesnt mean 20" cutting area and type of wood can really strain a saw.

Agree, this is why I think the 50/70cc combo is tough to beat when it comes to cutting firewood. A 60cc is a good choice if you only have one saw, but two saws are better and a 70cc saw will pull a 24" bar well. I'm loving my 350/372 combo, I feel like I can pretty well tackle almost any wood and not feel undergunned. And I have the Echo for cutting branches and pruning trees around the yard and as a backup limbing saw.

Having ran a 460 Rancher for 6 years and sold it to a friend and only have had my 555 since last fall, I'd say the 555 is a good saw for the money.
However...I'm saw rich and wood poor...

Having ran a 460 Rancher for 6 years and sold it to a friend and only have had my 555 since last fall, I'd say the 555 is a good saw for the money.
However...I'm saw rich and wood poor...

Who here has put a 555 thru it's paces?

555 is a noticeable jump in power from a 346. It's a small, light, nimble saw for 60cc. All other 60cc saws will be larger, heavier & more bulky.
So if I have a 550xp would a 555 be a big difference? Thinking about a 562 but I'm trying to be cheap.

Latest posts

Back