Would it be worth buying a Husky 555??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he plans on using the saw all day and lugging it around, that extra pound will make a HUGE difference at the end of the day, even for someone who doesn't have a bad back.

Not sure how anyone else cuts firewood but I don't "lug" my saw around all day. I lift it a little here and there but most of the time the saw is floating through the cut like butter or sitting on the ground while I mark cuts or load rounds. I have no interest in lugging ANY saw around all day no matter what the weight is and I think I'm in good company.

Also, let's be honest here. I'm guessing most of the members on this forum are not going to lug their saw around all day because they are not making a living with it, including myself. Heck, I find myself dickin around with my saws, practicing cuts, playing with the tune, experimenting with tooth angles, etc. because I enjoy it and don't have enough real cutting to do. So to say it will make a HUGE difference (for the vast majority of us) makes me, well....chuckle.

PS: You can tell a lot about a man by the truck (or trucks) he drives. I'm pretty sure the OP will not notice that extra pound based on this single fact alone:):):).

Since you're such an expert, why don't you school us on the differences that make the 555 such an inferior saw to the 562.

Hahahaha...do I need to get Mastermind involved here? Brian, you are too smart to let the other cheerleaders upset you like this. Go back and read my posts...you will not find where I said, "the 555 is such an inferior saw to the 562."

Since you're such an expert, why don't you school us on the differences that make the 555 such an inferior saw to the 562.
Stuffer crank, coil is rev boost enabled and transfer ports are larger....and it cost more....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

First, my name's not Brian. Second, that's exactly the comment that Terry made that you responded to in your quote. Third, what does Randy have to do with this?

Take it easy, I'm just joking with you. I apologize, I thought your name was Brian Snelling.

Meaning that the saw is identical, save the coil, crank stuffers, and transfer covers.
Bar mounts are different.
I got the 555 because of the cost difference and longer warranty.
Does all I need it to do... no complaints so far.

Also read that transfer port covers are not interchangeable like the 365-372.

Not sure how anyone else cuts firewood but I don't "lug" my saw around all day. I lift it a little here and there but most of the time the saw is floating through the cut like butter or sitting on the ground while I mark cuts or load rounds. I have no interest in lugging ANY saw around all day no matter what the weight is and I think I'm in good company.

Also, let's be honest here. I'm guessing most of the members on this forum are not going to lug their saw around all day because they are not making a living with it, including myself. Heck, I find myself dickin around with my saws, practicing cuts, playing with the tune, experimenting with tooth angles, etc. because I enjoy it and don't have enough real cutting to do. So to say it will make a HUGE difference (for the vast majority of us) makes me, well....chuckle.

PS: You can tell a lot about a man buy the truck (or trucks) he drives. I'm pretty sure the OP will not notice that extra pound based on this single fact alone:):):).
You'd be wrong about me, at least.
I earn my living spraying weeds, and that means a lot of days it's too windy or rainy to work. So I kill feral trees. I also climb a bit and do some basic arborist work.
A chainsaw in my hand makes my living about 100 days a year.

This gives me a different perspective to you, and hopefully you can understand that not everyone is like you.
Physical fitness, cutting conditions, distance you end up away from the truck, vary for every person on this site.

You'd be wrong about me, at least.
I earn my living spraying weeds, and that means a lot of days it's too windy or rainy to work. So I kill feral trees. I also climb a bit and do some basic arborist work.
A chainsaw in my hand makes my living about 100 days a year.

This gives me a different perspective to you, and hopefully you can understand that not everyone is like you.
Physical fitness, cutting conditions, distance you end up away from the truck, vary for every person on this site.

Did you read where I wrote, "for the vast majority of us"? You are the exception, not the rule. But good for you for being a go getter and figuring out ways to make money during your down times. I wish more of America had your initiative and drive. Most people these days are waiting for someone to give them a free handout.

My wife and I went for a long drive today and I threw my saws in, in case I came by some easy firewood. She is one of those awesome wives who is not only ok with taking some time out of our drive to cut wood, she helps load it too. Found a Red Fir that was probably about 25" at the base and it was on the high side of the road. Can't pass up easy firewood like that especially Red Fir. Downed the tree, marked the rounds, and went to cutting.

This one tree filled the bed of my truck and, after reading some of the posts on this thread tonight, I got to thinking about just how long my saws actually ran today. I can't give you an exact time but it wasn't long. And that brings me to the point about saw weight. Both the 600 and 620 are in 13.?? lb. range (pho). Handling/running the saw was by far the easy part today. It was far more work rolling rounds and loading them into the truck. That's why I chuckle when some (firewood cutters) obsess over a pound. I also have to wonder why someone with back problems wants to buy a saw and do this kind of work in the first place.

I read what you have written. Just reminding you that not everyone is the same as you.

What you seem to keep failing to see is that no one is disagreeing with you that the echo 590/600/620 are great saws. It's just that there are other saws that do a better job in some situations.
With a muffler mod, and maybe a bit of attention to the squish they really do come alive. This doesn't help someone who runs stock saws.
The dealer network matters to some people. I can buy and service stihl, echo and husky locally, dolmar is a pain for instance. I work on my own saws and keep spares in stock - this isn't the case for everyone.
The guy with the bad back should just quit? F-that. Life isn't perfect, make the best of what you've got.
The point you made quoting Terry about the 555 being built like a pro saw. Go back and read again, pay attention to what you put in bold. It appears you are saying that the 555 wasn't built to the same standard as a pro saw. I now get that you meant that it isn't the best value for money 60cc saw built like a pro saw in your opinion. It sure didn't read that way.

It's got a few panties all bunched up I guess .

Hi Bob! :)

Yes indeed! :) And quite a lot of unnecessary bickering with one guy maintaining an argument with 7-8 different people at the same time. Sort of makes me think I haven't been missing much.

Someone brought up the transfer covers on the 555/562. I've never done it, but I think they would interchange between the 2 saws, as I think the cylinder castings are identical. Unlike the 365 transfer cover which has that restrictor plate that can be ground off, the 555/562 covers differ in depth. The 562 has a bigger "bulge "to it allowing greater air flow.

So if I have a 550xp would a 555 be a big difference? Thinking about a 562 but I'm trying to be cheap.
Is it a big difference? Some would say yes, some would say no. It is noticeable for sure.

Many folks say there is no place for a 60cc and to go with a 50cc & 70cc. For my needs a strong 45-50cc saw and a stronger 57-60cc work. Most of the time it's a 346xp & a 357xp that see the most use here. I also have a 562xp and it's a keeper!

The 555 with a 20" bar will definitely be a step up in power from the 346. All of the 60cc saws mentioned in the previous posts would be as well. The op is the one to determine which 60cc fits him best as far as weight and cost goes. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you get.

The 555 with a 20" bar will definitely be a step up in power from the 346. All of the 60cc saws mentioned in the previous posts would be as well. The op is the one to determine which 60cc fits him best as far as weight and cost goes. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you get.
Fairly sure we scared the poor bugger off. Just need mike to rock in and suggest he buys a 362 and this thread can really go to the gutter. :laugh:

Yes indeed! :) And quite a lot of unnecessary bickering with one guy maintaining an argument with 7-8 different people at the same time. Sort of makes me think I haven't been missing much.

Someone brought up the transfer covers on the 555/562. I've never done it, but I think they would interchange between the 2 saws, as I think the cylinder castings are identical. Unlike the 365 transfer cover which has that restrictor plate that can be ground off, the 555/562 covers differ in depth. The 562 has a bigger "bulge "to it allowing greater air flow.
Can you tell us more about this bigger bulge.

Latest posts

Back